North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

I'm jealous you can make a quilt NH.

2. AllyRodrigues

AllyRodrigues Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Well, we'll see how it actually does! We are tilling up a plot in the front yard next weekend and going to do corn, beans, squash there. I just have to figure out my best chances because of the limited sun my yard gets!

I planted the sweet peas all along my picket fence, so they could climb it and I think I'll make some pea teepees this weekend. I'll have way more peas than I can eat, but I like being able to give stuff away!

I'm going to snap some pictures of the new hens. None of my chickens are overly friendly because I try* not to get attached or think of as pets..These new girls are like my shadows, though. My son is in love with them because they will eat from his hand and it breaks his heart when the other chickens run from him. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the one chicken whom he "taught to fly"...

3. doubleatraining

doubleatraining Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    Welcome all the newbies!!! I'm excited to see someone from my area....good ole Funkytown!!

Vfem, it was a WONDERFUL class I can't wait to attack my yard this week. I borrowed a post hole digger from my Dad to start my mini vineyard. I've got tires coming this week so I can take pictures and show everyone how to grow taters in them!!

ugh I didn't leave the sale until 8pm. I bought a trio of RIR, rosecomb bantams, and a pair of NZW rabbits.

4. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone in central NC have any:

Sebrights?
    Rare color guineas? (I am going to be looking for some hatching eggs when you get them)

5. AllyRodrigues

Sep 27, 2011
    I have about 10 pure Indian Runner duck eggs that someone can have if they'll pick them up..All less than a week old. I was considering incubating them, but decided against it for now. I'd hate to see them go to waste if someone wants to try them. I have not ever hatched anything from this trio-they just started laying about 1 month ago, but I have seen lots of duck "action" going on!

I'm in Zebulon or could bring them to my office in North Raleigh..

6. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Introducing my first two "Biggie" babies of the year!! They are lav splits but still huge chunkers. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The entire group, minus 5 teeny seramas that are in a separate brooder already.
    [​IMG]

7. TarheelBirdy

Hi Ally, I'd love to have them. I get to N. Raleigh (Creedmoor Road/Lynn Road) about once a week and if I head that way in the next day or two, I will let you know for sure.

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Congrats awful cute...

9. AllyRodrigues

Sep 27, 2011
    OK, just give me some notice and I'll bring them in. My office is near Six Forks/Strickland.

10. TarheelBirdy

Perfect. It will most likely be Wednesday - think they will still be ok? Wish I had something to trade, but all I have are yummy chicken eggs, and I'm assuming you have plenty :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by