North Carolina

Thanks Matt & Wild. Will try both. I love these chicks. Im hooked! Will post new pics as they grow.

KristanB I was going to come and take a few of those EES off your hands and now your too far in love, oh well.
wink.png

It was a long weekend wasn't it?! Glad I got some relaxation in, haven't took a break in awhile now! :D

Question: I have 2 Salmon Favorelles who are being stubborn and won't go back in the coop. I put them out in the coop (locked in) for 2 days before I gave them access to the run... now they stay in the run all the time. Their food & water are inside the coop so I'm concerned they're not eating or drinking. I don't have access to this run, no door. So I can't seem to get to them to get them back in the coop to try again. HELP! :p

Hi everyone!

What a beautiful weekend it was!

I planted some sweet peas and onions yesterday.

I picked up two ducks and two hens from BHep-the brahma hens are SO friendly!

We had 4 young roosters that we put in the freezer yesterday. There are a few more suspects and then at 5:00 this morning sure enough-a horrible teenager crow attempt!

Hi everyone!

What a beautiful weekend it was!

I planted some sweet peas and onions yesterday.

I picked up two ducks and two hens from BHep-the brahma hens are SO friendly!

We had 4 young roosters that we put in the freezer yesterday. There are a few more suspects and then at 5:00 this morning sure enough-a horrible teenager crow attempt!

I am so jealous you were able to actually plant. Our garden area is one big mud pit from all this rain we've been having lately. I did manage to plant some beets only because they recommend soaking the seeds overnight first...figured the soaked soil would be enough moisture for them!!
fl.gif
I'm hoping at least. Good luck with your garden!! I may be coming down the road to "borrow" some veggies if mine fails!! LOL I'm hoping to at least have peppers & tomatoes for some good salsa & tomato sauce...we have those started indoors though!! Pics of the new additions??
pop.gif

Well...I am making another batch of bread today (in my mixer!!) so in an hour or so I should have 3 loaves of soft wonderful whole wheat bread!! I LOVE Amish recipes!! I did make some chicken stock this past weekend...but we forgot to taste test it before throwing it into the freezer, so we shall see how it tastes when the time comes for me to use it!! LOL. It is a cold, wet, rainy day here...hope it's better where you all are. I am going to go sneak upstairs and hide away in my sewing room and hopefully get a baby quilt done for my hubby's cousin!!

Back
Top Bottom