North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You remember I posted about the eggs I hatched that had been sitting on the counter. for 20 something days.... YUP they were Nehemiah's eggs. (my biggie)
    The 1st 10-12 I set were not fertile, so I just started putting in every egg. I now have 17 chicks, I think [​IMG]

I also hatched 6 Splits.

We are now eating the eggs. [​IMG] I may save some up and try an auction. I know they are fertile and strong. [​IMG]

2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

UGH that is horrible Matt!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] So sorry this had to happen and I hope shes fixable and heals well for you. Let us know how she pulls through.

Lets hope the dog is a goner, and if not lets hope your aim improves next time it decides to try to make a snack out of someone [​IMG]

3. AllyRodrigues

AllyRodrigues Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    BHep, the runners also did fine. They fell right in with the current runners and are running all over the yard now..If you look out at night after all the chickens have gotten back in the coop, you just see little duck silouhettes in the moonlight..lol

They stay up all night grazing and take naps throughout the day.

4. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sooooo sorry. I hope she will be ok. I'm sorry about Sugar, too.

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Matt, even if she can't be stitched up don't do her in!!!!! I had one get tore up bad and couldn't stitch it. I cleaned it a few times a day, kept swat on it and kept her by herself. You can't till now unless you move feathers on her. Good luck and sorry about Sugar [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

X2 Matt so sorry about your moms hen and also Flexy. I hope she pulls through. [​IMG]

7. Country Chickens

Country Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Orange County, NC
    Matt, I'm so sorry about your birds! That is just awful--and to know it was a neighbor's dog going it makes it even worse! Some people! [​IMG]

I'm much more a noob than most you folks, but when our turkey had her entire side shredded (I didn't think any way she could pull through) we kept her in a quiet, clean place with food and water handy, and I sprayed it down a couple times a day with a horse healant (blue goo, I think it was) and fed her boiled eggs, too. She healed right up, though she never grew all her feathers back on that side.

Best of luck!!! [​IMG]

8. BHep

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG] Matt

X2 what RF said. I had a hen that got attacked by a fox. I swabbed her with antibiotic cream and she healed up, feathers grew back and you would never know. [​IMG]

9. BHep

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC

[​IMG] Happy to hear that !!!

10. BHep

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    My Pigeons & Pheasant

[​IMG][​IMG]

Pheasant looks rough...he was an escapee at the auction and was snatched out the air.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by