North Carolina

Yup...looks like a boy. Silver Laced Wyandotte.
AHHHH THAT'S what it was called...hehe...I was thinking Black Laced
smack.gif
I don't think I will EVER get it right. LOL
Now, I could be wrong, but that there looks like a Silver-laced Wyandotte cockerel about to grow up.

You collect cockerels, right? Yes, I thought so! One more for your collection!
LOL... <sigh> I guess I do collect them. Well, at least I know what to expect and who will be heading to freezer camp!!
Torrential downpour here. I'm in the rabbit barn, waiting for a lull. Wasn't raining when I started my feed rounds!
Oh no!! We didn't get any rain, just a light "misting"...hope you are okay. Seems like some of you are getting TONS while others of us are getting - - never mind. I looked out - the "mist" is now a light drizzle. All this because I forgot to shut off the water to the garden, right? LOL.

If the rain keeps coming, I'm putting on old clothes and taking the girls outside to play in the mud (or fight the ducks for the mud...LOL) as a "rite of childhood passage"...they have been DYING to test out the new playset...so today is as good as any day, right? At least the rain will keep the set free of poo!?!? LOL.

I hope everyone is doing well with the rain - not flooding too badly or anything! Keep your prayers coming, we're hoping for a baby here SOON!! Enjoy your week everyone!!

Good morning folks
frow.gif

At this point I don't think we need to worry about
the drought monitor any longer.....DH checked
his handy-dandy rain gauge and the only 3 in.
in it for yesterday and this morning.......at least
it wasn't full
lau.gif

hope everyone has a good day
tongue.png

Good morning everyone!

Ramirezframing - hope your pond doesn't get any bigger and you find a place to park the tractor

tidbit - cute chicks! not sure about the barred rock... I have a really hard time at that age... will probably post some pics in here for opinions soon too!

Meg - Hope you didn't get too wet! We certainly don't need to worry about water this year!

NH - very cute roo! lol... I am sure I have way more than I am going to want too! Hoping for a baby soon! When is your due date?

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday - I am so happy, only 3 work days for me!

Yep. I had MG last fall, brought in from who-knows-where. It can pass through the egg, is in the wild bird population, and have carriers, so no telling. Got put on a state quarantine, and to put my entire flock down. At least I knew exactly what I was dealing with and what kind of clean-up I had to do. It will be hard to avoid that again, but I'll try anyway!

My scare was "just" IB, took their poor little bodies up to the NC diagnostic lab for testing. I have to say that although the circumstances were awful, the vet and support staff up there were very nice. Suprisingly the cost was not too bad and like you I knew what I had to do. I was initialy afraid it was MG or something similar. It could have been much worse. The scary thing about IB is the amount of conflicting information out there. The vet says the chickens that were exposed and didn't get sick aren't carriers but I was still concerned.

Yep. I had MG last fall, brought in from who-knows-where. It can pass through the egg, is in the wild bird population, and have carriers, so no telling. Got put on a state quarantine, and to put my entire flock down. At least I knew exactly what I was dealing with and what kind of clean-up I had to do. It will be hard to avoid that again, but I'll try anyway!

My scare was "just" IB, took their poor little bodies up to the NC diagnostic lab for testing.  I have to say that although the circumstances were awful, the vet and support staff up there were very nice.  Suprisingly the cost was not too bad and like you I knew what I had to do.  I was initialy afraid it was MG or something similar.  It could have been much worse.  The scary thing about IB is the amount of conflicting information out there.  The vet says the chickens that were exposed and didn't get sick aren't carriers but I was still concerned.

Yep, I took sick birds up to Rollins for euthanasia and necropsy. I used them twice before on unexplained deaths in my sheep. They're very nice, very thorough, and very helpful. But I hope I never see any of them again!

I have some Ameraucana chicks..that I need to sell....not sure whether it is better to sell smaller...they are about 6-8 old or sell larger..any recommendations??..they are blue or slate.
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom