North Carolina

Yep. Picture, although it sounds like it may be a cockerel.

My large animal medicine professor would have said to quit looking for zebras!
wink.png
yuckyuck.gif
But zebras are a close cousin to the horse...and I've always wanted a horse... LOL

Okay, two photos of the unknown chicken in question:
Side profile

Front: sorry it's blurry...he/she wasn't holding still for me. LOL

Okay...give it to me gently...it's a hermaphrodite, isn't it?? LOL

Edited only to correct horrid grammar/spelling <hangs head in shame>

Last edited:
Of our group that goes to WCA, I was nearly it. Mary and Bennie's son and GF were there...but they aren't on here. Less than 300 boxes, low prices unless you were an ugly mutt goat. We left early. We being my niece and me. I think the others left early too, though.

Half-grown Toulouse geese went for $11! Layers were going for $10-12...or less. Chicks for change. Turkeys didn't do well, nor did my Barnevelders. But, at least they aren't here eating. Rabbits did okay. There were lots. Even two-year-old peahens went for around $50.

They're still having the equipment sale Thursday, but it's July 4th, so I doubt there will be many people. I won't be there.

Yep. Picture, although it sounds like it may be a cockerel. My large animal medicine professor would have said to quit looking for zebras! ;)
:yuckyuck But zebras are a close cousin to the horse...and I've always wanted a horse... LOL Okay, two photos of the unknown chicken in question: Side profile Front: sorry it's blurry...he/she wasn't holding still for me. LOL Okay...give it to me gently...it's a hermaphrodite, isn't it?? LOL Edited only to correct horrid grammar/spelling
Now, I could be wrong, but that there looks like a Silver-laced Wyandotte cockerel about to grow up. You collect cockerels, right? Yes, I thought so! One more for your collection!

You're still going to quarantine, right? (Spoken with total paranoia!)
Absolutely! I trust you.... but, I am STILL going to quarantine.... there's trust, then there's idiocy. From what I understand, birds can appear fine at home and develop symptoms because of stress or a change in environment.

I am starting over because of IB that was probably brought in by a chick I bought and didn't quarantine. I don't believe I will ever not quarantine again. The new coop is on the other side of the property and will be a dedicated quarantine coop.

I appreciate your concern. I haven't been following this forum for very long, but It seems that you also are starting over because of an illness. Is that right? I believe DB is too...

Seems like a lot of us are learning the hard way.

You're still going to quarantine, right? (Spoken with total paranoia!)

Absolutely!  I trust you.... but, I am STILL going to quarantine....  there's trust, then there's idiocy.  From what I understand, birds can appear fine at home and develop symptoms because of stress or a change in environment.

I am starting over because of IB that was probably brought in by a chick I bought and didn't quarantine.  I don't believe I will ever not quarantine again.  The new coop is on the other side of the property and will be a dedicated quarantine coop. 

I appreciate your concern.  I haven't been following this forum for very long, but It seems that you also are starting over because of an illness.  Is that right?  I believe DB is too...

Seems like a lot of us are learning the hard way.

Yep. I had MG last fall, brought in from who-knows-where. It can pass through the egg, is in the wild bird population, and have carriers, so no telling. Got put on a state quarantine, and to put my entire flock down. At least I knew exactly what I was dealing with and what kind of clean-up I had to do. It will be hard to avoid that again, but I'll try anyway!

Hi everyone! I can't believe my babies are 3 weeks old now. I do believe that I was sent at least one barred rock roo, even though I ordered all females. Here are some pictures...

Daffodil my EE

Cadbury my other EE

This is the one I believe is a roo, we call him Mr. Stripey

This is Lovey Dovey

Everybody else is unnamed at the moment. Both of my DD are each going to get to name a barred rock once they pick out which one they like.

I am still waiting on my older hens to start laying. They are now 27 weeks, what's taking so long?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My pond (now twice the size) is now in the neighbor's yard (which is up hill)
th.gif
So the goldfish are swimming in his yard, which means they swam through the garden to get there! DH had to wade out to his truck so he could get to work and hope the trailer wasn't stuck in the new pond. He got lucky, that trailer weighs alot with all his stuff init, but he got it out. Might need to find a spot for it to go for a few nights
he.gif

hope everyone has a great Monday

Back
Top Bottom