North Carolina

Hi everyone! I can't believe my babies are 3 weeks old now. I do believe that I was sent at least one barred rock roo, even though I ordered all females. Here are some pictures...

Daffodil my EE

Cadbury my other EE

This is the one I believe is a roo, we call him Mr. Stripey

This is Lovey Dovey

Everybody else is unnamed at the moment. Both of my DD are each going to get to name a barred rock once they pick out which one they like.

I am still waiting on my older hens to start laying. They are now 27 weeks, what's taking so long?
I hear ya! I was at 25 weeks and I thought something was wrong with my birds... but even though I would occasionally get an egg or two in the nesting box, they were just laying them on the litter and they were getting barried. I found 11 eggs this weekend when I went and stirred up my deep litter.

keep the faith they will come!

Help!! My BA is limping and when she's not walking she pulls the leg up to her chest. She was fine yesterday and early this morning. What could it be and how do I fix it? This is a very flighty bird and DOESN'T like being touched.

She can extend it and does put it down but limps. She has clear eyes and no other signs.

I have 2 Rhode Island Reds and 4 Black Australorps
Are they in a run or free range? Is there anywhere out of the way they could be laying? I had some that started a nest and by the time I found it they had laid 10 eggs! Others just randomly laid out in the run. Do you have some type of fake egg, e.g. golf ball or something in the nest box to tell them where to lay? I am not an expert at any of this, but I would think they would be laying by now...

Back
Top Bottom