North Carolina

here some drawings and artzy stuff i do for people
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5829302/width/35
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5817105/width/350/height/7000/height/700[/IMG]

Human gypsy????????
hu.gif
I like the first theory, but Im going with Alien Chicken Abduction ( also know as A.C.A.). I have had this happen before, not me....but the chickens. ;-)

Really weird thing happened last night...although it's really good. Last week I lost all 6 of my hens...they just disappeared.
hu.gif
While sitting outside with the DH we saw one of them...in our yard by the coop.
celebrate.gif
So I believe my original theory, that they had been abducted by gypsy chickens, may be accurate and they are now escaping because a life on the run really isn't all it's cracked up to be. lol.
wee.gif
That is GREAT! So glad to know they weren't eaten by a predator! Did you get her back in the coop? Any more sightings?

For those who went - How was WCA?

Last edited:
Tammyfarms...the RIR pullets were from a Nov 9 hatch. But, until my POL birds start contributing, I can't sell them. Once their eggs are being replaced, they can go. They are bossy, though. They will jump up and down at your feet, trying to inspect your hands for treats. Demanding little hussies! And the Buff can wait until you are ready; no worries!

Dutchbunny, the coop is lovely, but I'm more impressed because it's an aromatic wood. Cedar and pine shavings aren't recommended for that reason, as the fumes can kill chicks. How long have you been using the coop? Did you have any problems with it? I really like the look, and we have lots of recycled cedar boards, but even used I've been nervous of using them! If you haven't had issues with it, I may give it a shot, too!
Hollow - The RIR's will fit right in - all of my chickens seem to end up like that anyway! Hubby says I am the one who is trained. I can wait until you are ready to get rid of them... There aren't many folks I will buy anything other than eggs from, I know how you are about bio-security so....
big_smile.png
I will be patient.

Tammyfarms...the RIR pullets were from a Nov 9 hatch. But, until my POL birds start contributing, I can't sell them. Once their eggs are being replaced, they can go. They are bossy, though. They will jump up and down at your feet, trying to inspect your hands for treats. Demanding little hussies! And the Buff can wait until you are ready; no worries! Dutchbunny, the coop is lovely, but I'm more impressed because it's an aromatic wood. Cedar and pine shavings aren't recommended for that reason, as the fumes can kill chicks. How long have you been using the coop? Did you have any problems with it? I really like the look, and we have lots of recycled cedar boards, but even used I've been nervous of using them! If you haven't had issues with it, I may give it a shot, too!
Hollow - The RIR's will fit right in - all of my chickens seem to end up like that anyway! Hubby says I am the one who is trained. I can wait until you are ready to get rid of them... There aren't many folks I will buy anything other than eggs from, I know how you are about bio-security so....
big_smile.png
I will be patient.
You're still going to quarantine, right? (Spoken with total paranoia!)

Back
Top Bottom