North Carolina

Morning everyone!! Beautiful day today , i was wondering if my fellow North Carolina BYCers could help me out. So far we only have two mature breeds at KBHatchery , Pearl White Leghorns and Rhode Island Reds. The Barred Rocks are only one week old as of last friday and im in need of one more breed to fill the empty coop and run. If yall would kindly give me some suggestions on what that final breed could be please pm or quote this post
smile.png
Im looking for what breed is in High demand or just all around most popular amongst poultry lovers in NC. But no bantams please. Your input would be greatly appreciated
smile.png

Thank You
Cody @ KBHatchery
I like Black Australorps they are a good dual purpose breed very hardy, mine were just hatched in April so they are just coming into lay but from all I have read they are great egg layers too. My bantams hatched mine out. Also they come in blue.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Morning everyone!! Beautiful day today , i was wondering if my fellow North Carolina BYCers could help me out. So far we only have two mature breeds at KBHatchery , Pearl White Leghorns and Rhode Island Reds. The Barred Rocks are only one week old as of last friday and im in need of one more breed to fill the empty coop and run. If yall would kindly give me some suggestions on what that final breed could be please pm or quote this post :) Im looking for what breed is in High demand or just all around most popular amongst poultry lovers in NC. But no bantams please. Your input would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank You
Cody @ KBHatchery

Cochins, Blues sell really well.

of course I think blue anything sells really well.

Morning everyone!! Beautiful day today , i was wondering if my fellow North Carolina BYCers could help me out. So far we only have two mature breeds at KBHatchery , Pearl White Leghorns and Rhode Island Reds. The Barred Rocks are only one week old as of last friday and im in need of one more breed to fill the empty coop and run. If yall would kindly give me some suggestions on what that final breed could be please pm or quote this post
smile.png
Im looking for what breed is in High demand or just all around most popular amongst poultry lovers in NC. But no bantams please. Your input would be greatly appreciated
smile.png

Thank You
Cody @ KBHatchery
Black or Blue Copper Marans or Barnevelder both dark brown egg layers that I really like. Barnevelders are more rare than the marans. I know you didn't ask about rarity, but I think they would be popular.

Good morning!
Going to be another hot one here, still waiting on Fall!!!
My freedom rangers were trying to crow this morning. It wasn't much, at first I thought it was the turkeys. If they get better at it they may meet their demise early!

Also if anyone around here needs chicks, I ordered 5 more Ameraucanas than I needed to make the minimum order and I really can't keep them. Almost 4 weeks old sexed pullets. If not, I guess I'll raise them until Spring and sell them when they're laying. No one seems to want chicks this time of year, but a lot of people are looking for layers come March/April.

Hope everyone has a great day!
I really wish you were closer! I would love to have them!

I have problem that i really need some help with
this little chick was born with a sisscor beak and also never developed an eye on the left side....

I know alot of you have exprience raising disabled birds, and I was just wondering what i can do to help this chick thrive? he has good energy runs around, but has trouble judging distance and pecking the food. should I fight for him as long as he wants to fight or should I put him to sleep and save him the struggle?

This little chick has continued to fight and remained strong, and spunky. s/he is still going strong at 2 weeks old. s/he is smaller, but not by much, then his brothers and sisters. s/he is eating and drinking well, and gets a mash with raw egg yolk every evening all to himself, the rest of the time s/he is in with 30 other brooder mates, and does really well. I'm so amazed at the fight in this chick.

This little chick has continued to fight and remained strong, and spunky. s/he is still going strong at 2 weeks old. s/he is smaller, but not by much, then his brothers and sisters. s/he is eating and drinking well, and gets a mash with raw egg yolk every evening all to himself, the rest of the time s/he is in with 30 other brooder mates, and does really well. I'm so amazed at the fight in this chick.

Glad to hear its doing well.

Just ordered some more Isbars from the greenfire farms blood line.
I am starting to think I have a problem, is there a hatching anonymous?
wink.png

Fortunately I do all the finances, I think my husband would have a heart attack if he realized how much I've spent just in the last month on eggs.
I think I'm going to start hatching for other people just to do it, and not keep any
I should have some started Isbars in a couple months if anyone's looking....
smile.png

I am starting to think I have a problem, is there a hatching anonymous? ;)
Fortunately I do all the finances, I think my husband would have a heart attack if he realized how much I've spent just in the last month on eggs.
I think I'm going to start hatching for other people just to do it, and not keep any
I should have some started Isbars in a couple months if anyone's looking....  :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/569950/incubators-anonymous
:gig yes there is!!!!!! come join us, and discuss your problems with other enablers, uh....uh....uh I mean people who will help stop you addiction :lau

I am starting to think I have a problem, is there a hatching anonymous?
wink.png

I should have some started Isbars in a couple months if anyone's looking....
smile.png
Where are pictures of those babies!! The marans! Show me what I'm getting myself into when I hatch mine!

Back
Top Bottom