North Carolina

Here are the pics I promised of her comb and face. If you didn't see the 2 options for her possible father, you can find them in a post from yesterday. I'm trying to determine if her father is my little porcelain d'uccle or my ameraucana roo. Thanks so much for taking the time to look - I am not good with chicken genetics!

Liza face

Liza's comb

Liza's comb from side

Liza's funky foot

Dark color in Liza's tail

I think Zippy is the "baby daddy" lol , but would also think she would have some of his colors. She is really cute!

Thank you Cheryl and dutchbunny!

I posted some better pictures of Liza's comb and tail feathers tonight. I hope that will help determine, finally, who had daddy is :)

She will not interact with my chickens at all - she just watches them and stays to herself. She is delighted when wild birds land to grab some grain or millet. She charges them and is extremely pleased when they fly away from her advances. Around dusk, she makes her way to the front porch and will dart in the front door as soon as it is opened.

Talk about a "rare bird"! LOL! She definitely is.....

Angela

Happy New Year

hope everyone has a fun and safe time
big_smile.png

Cool Bird! Dutchbunny 83 alluded to hawks around Fayetteville. Here in the mountains they are a real issue - I too plan on a long run with the netting on top. For Acipters, we have Sharp-shinned hawks, Cooper's hawks and the occasional Goshawk in Winter in the higher elevations (they get lost I think, don't live here). For Buteos, we have the ubiquitous Red-Tailed Hawk, Broad-Shouldered Hawk and the occasional Red-Shouldered. Owls galore. I assume this is true all over the state.
Thanks for your warm welcome fellow "Tar Heels"!

Happy new year everyone! Ok so I have been getting two eggs from Laverne, my Plymouth barred rock and Patti, my buff Orpington. Maxine, my aracauna,(Easter egger) has stopped laying eggs. She has not laid an egg since October and she won't let me pet her. She was born in April 2013 like the other two birds. Is this normal for that breed? When she laid eggs, I could pet her. Now she gets mad when I touch her. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom