North Carolina

welcome-byc.gif
to all the new flockers.

Any time you need help Iceman, just call. We'll be glad to help.

:welcome  to all the new flockers

Any time you need help Iceman, just call. We'll be glad to help. 

Was hoping for fewer roos...
At least one pullet has started laying

Spending Thursday night at hospital, wife has a battle with migraines and nausea, dehydration..
.and we all know how "comfortable" these recliners are...

Ironic, I am talking about chickens and eating hot wings at the hospital!

So, I have a weird question... I'm planning on getting NPIP certified soon, but was wondering... How do you actually *say* NPIP? I've been saying "en-pip", is that right? Or does everyone actually say each letter: "en-pee-eye-pee"? I warned you about it being a weird question.... ;)

#2. Say all the letters as letters. No confusion that way.

Sorry about your ladies! Hopefully, they'll come home soon! I had the same thing happen with a visitor and his dog. The worst part was that the owner just stood there and did nothing while my husband chased down the dog and pried our chicken out of it's mouth! He even seemed to think it was funny. I guess they have chickens too, but they're not pets like ours, so idk... He didn't seem to get why we were so upset. (The owner, not the dog) Our prettiest chicken lost all her tail feathers and was so spooked about everything after that. I don't understand how people can be so clueless sometimes!

He'd not be coming back. I'd also explain how we deal with predators. He doesn't have to like it. It's your property and your right. If you can find a sign that has something to do with dogs chasing chickens and lead, it might help to put it at the end of the driveway?

So, I have a weird question... I'm planning on getting NPIP certified soon, but was wondering... How do you actually *say* NPIP? I've been saying "en-pip", is that right? Or does everyone actually say each letter: "en-pee-eye-pee"? I warned you about it being a weird question.... ;)

I say N-Pip. I hear N-P-I-P more, though. I'm used to military acronyms being pronounced as words.

Guys I have lost 2 turkeys over the last 2 nights to snakes and don't want this one to meet the same fate, so if anyone wants a 8-10 week Red Bourbon Turkey. I think it's a female but might be a male.

I'm in Wilkes and willing to drive a bit.

He'd not be coming back. I'd also explain how we deal with predators. He doesn't have to like it. It's your property and your right. If you can find a sign that has something to do with dogs chasing chickens and lead, it might help to put it at the end of the driveway?
Its my granddaughter's dog from SC and their is no one else to take care of it when she does get a couple of days off. Has a lot of allergies...all vegan for this dog! LOL But told her that she (Bella) would have to be on a leash when the gets out of her car or steps out of my house. I'm more hurt because although she does understand my loss....she doesn't understand that we get close to our chickens just like she is close to her dog! These 2 hens were part of the foursome that I started with. They were my "old ladies"...
hit.gif

Its my granddaughter's dog from SC and their is no one else to take care of it when she does get a couple of days off. Has a lot of allergies...all vegan for this dog!  LOL  But told her that she (Bella) would have to be on a leash when the gets out of her car or steps out of my house.  I'm more hurt because although she does understand my loss....she doesn't understand that we get close to our chickens just like she is close to her dog!  These 2 hens were part of the foursome that I started with. They were my "old ladies"...:hit

That stinks.
1f622.png
They are gone and not just hiding out? Although, with all the rain we've gotten the last few days....

Maybe a "leash your pet, please" sign would help?

Very upsetting, I know.
1f622.png

Back
Top Bottom