North Carolina

Hello from Franklinton, Granville Co.
Does anyone need a free white polish rooster, about 10 weeks old? I also have 3 EE roos, 12 weeks and a BO/EE (very pretty) roo, 12 weeks. If they can't find homes and flocks of their own I'm going to be making soup. PM me if anyone wants these guys. Everyone except the Polish (free exotic chick
roll.png
) is from my very sweet roo, Sydney.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=378888&p=2 His picture is in this thread. The boys look very much like their dad - only they are more laced than splash. BO/EE roo is a red color with dark tail.
All are trying to crow.
lol.png

Hi guys! So, I was thinking it would be a whole lot of fun to arrange an informal meetup at Karen's diner (address and info in her/lovemychicns post above) as a way to meet other BYC folk and support a new local business, added bonus, who doesn't love yummy country diner food?

I was thinking either Sat, Sept 11th or Sat, Sept. 18th, around lunch time? What do you guys think?

Sounds great -- count me in!! Either date is good. Are we to bring items we want to sell (chickens, hatching eggs, crafts) or just meet-n-greet? Either way, I'm there!
yippiechickie.gif

It's looking like soup! They should be a good size come the Fall weather. Come in from hunting to a nice hot bowl of rooster soup!
Where in Granville Co are you? I checked out your blog. I'm 100% with you on simplifying. I have all the skills, just not the land...only 1.5 acres. One day!

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
Great!! I've reached out to another WNC BYCer you're probably familiar with, Joletaby (Beth), and she's down as well! I haven't heard back from Karen in regards to which Saturday is better for her, but I'll let you know when I do. I hadn't really thought about bringing stuff to sell, what do you guys think? Might be less stress if its just a meetup, but its up to you guys!

I was going to go through my list of other WNC BYCers and make sure they're in the loop in case they'd like to come. If you know of anyone else in the area who'd be interested be sure and have them stop by this board and let us know if there's a date preference and so we can get an informal headcount.

Yeaaaaa!! So excited to finally meet some of you wonderful folks!

We're over in Oxford. Just moved down here in May from Brevard NC so we could finally have some land! Great timing to leave the mountains huh? You folks sure keep the heat turned up down here!

Quote:
Thermostats broken...don't worry though. The County guys are on it and said they'd be getting to it around October.
lol.png

So, your right up the road!

Last edited:
I would LOVE to come, but I work every Saturday and do not get done until at least 1-2pm most days.
sad.png

Thank you for the pm heads up on this!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom