North Carolina

Intermediate hosts for poultry worms include, but are not limited to: mosquitoes, dragonflies, earthworms, beetles, sowbugs, cockroaches, earwigs, grasshoppers....in short, all those yummy bugs we like our chickens to eat. The only way to keep them from getting worms is to keep them in sterile cages off the ground and make sure their food is sterile...and make sure no fly or cockroach gets in there to be eaten! It's not possible. Just worm them.

They can't get worms from well-cooked foods, as the eggs or larval stages that might be present are killed by the heat. That's why we cook pork thoroughly; they carry parasites we can get.

Intermediate hosts for poultry worms include, but are not limited to: mosquitoes, dragonflies, earthworms, beetles, sowbugs, cockroaches, earwigs, grasshoppers....in short, all those yummy bugs we like our chickens to eat. The only way to keep them from getting worms is to keep them in sterile cages off the ground and make sure their food is sterile...and make sure no fly or cockroach gets in there to be eaten! It's not possible. Just worm them.

They can't get worms from well-cooked foods, as the eggs or larval stages that might be present are killed by the heat. That's why we cook pork thoroughly; they carry parasites we can get.

goodpost.gif
Yeah..what she said !

I think 9am .. ?????
We will be at the poultry show at 7am... but we will be showing some birds... so we have to be there early to have them tested and lend a hand in setting up.

I am taking 5 young serama roosters to sell....

(I guess I will pack some sandwiches for me & hubby's lunch.) I may take some muffins & brownies if I find time to bake them.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

Date: 2012-12-05, 2:58PM EST
Reply to this post [email protected][?]
The Cape Fear Poulty Association Club is having the annual chicken show on 12-08-12 at the Johnston county livestock arena in Smithfield NC. Doors open around 7am and Judging begins at 9am. There is also a raffle table with feed, christmas items, tools, and alot more items to buy tickets for. Great food and over 900 beautiful birds to see from all over the nation. Please come join us and enjoy the fun. Also outside will be a horse show going on, so lots of entertainment......

Take I-95N to 40W toward Raleigh and then take exit 319 East onto Hwy 210, Go right and about 7 miles on the left is County Home Road and we will be on right less than 1 mil

Date: 2012-12-05, 2:58PM EST
Reply to this post [email protected][?]
The Cape Fear Poulty Association Club is having the annual chicken show on 12-08-12 at the Johnston county livestock arena in Smithfield NC. Doors open around 7am and Judging begins at 9am. There is also a raffle table with feed, christmas items, tools, and alot more items to buy tickets for. Great food and over 900 beautiful birds to see from all over the nation. Please come join us and enjoy the fun. Also outside will be a horse show going on, so lots of entertainment......

Take I-95N to 40W toward Raleigh and then take exit 319 East onto Hwy 210, Go right and about 7 miles on the left is County Home Road and we will be on right less than 1 mil

RE: Lunch

Sadly I get off work around 8am, then I'll be there hopefully before 10am. There is a little place not too far from there called Stephenson's BBQ. Its a GREAT place to eat and one I rarely get because I rarely venture out that way when they are open. I plan on eating there for lunch and invite anyone who wants to join.

http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_pages/stephensons_large.html

Last edited:
well for lunch there is also White Swan....they have a family pack for less than 20 bucks that is great...a whole fried chicken, bbq pig ,hush-puppies,veggies and slaw
looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting all the new chicken freaks
yippiechickie.gif
too
members of the club have been settin up since last sunday....its gonna be a blast!

Back
Top Bottom