North Carolina

That would be great! Thank you. Ive got 25 guineas just hatched so hopefully that will help in a few months. Found out tonite that our neighbor has a severe tick problem and is getting guinea hens this month too! Our dogs go over to her house because she gives them treats so I wonder if thats where they are picking them up!?

Our vet has our dog on Trifexis (oral) for fleas/heartworms and Activyl (topical) for ticks. It's working really well.

Eggs due Sunday. These are eggs I picked up at Chickenstock. Set 21 Standard size eggs in the Suro 20 on May 19. Took the bator off the turning cradle Thursday. I just now candled through and removed the dividers to lay the eggs down. Removed 3 eggs. Saw movement in alot of the Polish eggs and some in a few of the Faverolle eggs. I could not candle the 6 Marans eggs. I tried, but need my good light to see anything. This LED was great for all the other eggs, but will not even show the aircell in these dark Marans eggs.

Matt
First rolled out an hour ago. I have no idea what color the polish and marans are. I didn't ask. LOL. I think the one out is a polish and it looks all black. Have to wait to see what color it really is.

Matt

Found two hidding spots for eggs today. One in a shed (door wasnt closed all the way) ugh and the other under another shed. I thought I was just having a slow egg week. So, tomorrow they will be locked up for a few days. LOL

While rearranging birds this evening I discovered that two of my girls have gone broody. The oldest is ten months. She a Buff Orpington. The other is a Welsummer that's seven months old. I swear it was you guys talking about broodies that did this! But, they had to move with the rest of their house. They were Not. Pleased.

Our vet has our dog on Trifexis (oral) for fleas/heartworms and Activyl (topical) for ticks. It's working really well.
I am glad it is working for you. Last yr. it guit working for me on my cat and I had to switch to Revolution before I got the flea problem under control. weird yr. here. in the mtns last yr. . We had all kinds of neigbor guineas running about without any help at all in the flea dept. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom