North Carolina

And this my fat girl

Quote: I did the rope so I could get good pictures of them, since I don't tame my birds. My lakenvelders will fly off or run for it if you come near them, and in a pen they run as a flock and you can't get a good picture with everyone jumping on each other. But if handled a lot they are not bad.

Game cockers do it because the roosters can't be with each other or they will fight constantly, sometimes to the death.

Hmmmm....that 30 day thing is what Virginia has gone to, or so I'm informed by people in Virginia. First you have to get the annual paperwork, but if you are shipping birds, they have to be tested within 30 days of shipping. Mostly I'm looking at eggs and day-old chicks, but I'll have to look up each state's regs beforehand. I may decide not to do any shipping.

Hubby has the first chickenhouse framed now. He had just squared it when I left for class, and by the time I came home, the rafters were up! Hard-working fella! Hopefully he can get the roof up before he leaves. Then we'll pick up windows at the ReStore and work on closing it in when he gets back.

That USED to be the case. That you needed an MG testing, and a health certificate, until like 2 years ago...They are only strict on importing birds for show in the state of VA, then you have to do some hoop jumping (I know I live RIGHT on the VA line, and still have to go through it all the 2 times I went and showed up in VA)

If you are already NPIP with your state, then all you need is the import permit to ship eggs and live birds into the state of Virginia. :)

Hmmmm....that 30 day thing is what Virginia has gone to, or so I'm informed by people in Virginia.  First you have to get the annual paperwork, but if you are shipping birds, they have to be tested within 30 days of shipping.  Mostly I'm looking at eggs and day-old chicks, but I'll have to look up each state's regs beforehand.  I may decide not to do any shipping.

Hubby has the first chickenhouse framed now.  He had just squared it when I left for class, and by the time I came home, the rafters were up!  Hard-working fella!  Hopefully he can get the roof up before he leaves.  Then we'll pick up windows at the ReStore and work on closing it in when he gets back.

[COLOR=A52A2A]That USED to be the case. That you needed an MG testing, and a health certificate, until like 2 years ago...They are only strict on importing birds for show in the state of VA, then you have to do some hoop jumping (I know I live RIGHT on the VA line, and still have to go through it all the 2 times I went and showed up in VA)

If you are already NPIP with your state, then all you need is the import permit to ship eggs and live birds into the state of Virginia. :)
[/COLOR]
Now I'm Really confused! The VA people I've talked to, and the swap boards I've been on, have talked about this as if it were fairly new, as in a year old or so now. If it's already been revoked, that is weird.

Still, all the more need to get information from each state regularly, if I decide to ship. Not looking to step on regs!

Back
Top Bottom