North Carolina

Yeah, MT Healthy has had issues with Salmonella. But they are up front about it, and it's been a while since the last issue, from what I can tell. I'll be going with them.

I'm looking for a incubator. I want one with a turner, fan, humidity and temperature gauge. Anything else should it have? What brands are good for chicken eggs? I'm willing to spend $150.
Thanks

Hey all! Been a while.

No way I can catch up with all the posts I've missed so hello to the new people, and hello again to the other people. ; )

Our flock is currently at 28. This time last year it was at 6. It has taken us a LOT of fluctuations to get this far and I don't even have my Javas or my Faverolle's yet. :) We do have 8 slotted for freezer camp though which will get us down to 20 for the winter. I think we're sitting on 10 different breeds right now. Our newest acquisitions are the 8 Black Broilers and four Rhode Island Reds.

Finally got around to starting a FB page for our "farm". If you are interested you can check it out at www.facebook.com/DunBrokkus

And now I'm off to read all your posts in reverse order...

I'm getting upset with my chickens. They are at POL but I have yet to see anything. They have been freeloading on feed for months now, and they eat like cows. Gonna give them until the end of this month but for now I'm gonna start processing more roos, hopefully that'll scare the eggs out of them.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

They say it's going to be a scorcher today.........I hope
the birds will be okay in the heat but do have ice bottles
in the freezer if DH remembers them. I just might sweat
off a pound or two on that bus today, my own sauna.
yesss.gif

hope everyone as a good day
highfive.gif

I'm getting upset with my chickens. They are at POL but I have yet to see anything. They have been freeloading on feed for months now, and they eat like cows. Gonna give them until the end of this month but for now I'm gonna start processing more roos, hopefully that'll scare the eggs out of them.
I have had many pullets that should start laying in the fall wait until spring to start laying. Most of these were non hatchery sumatras, polish, silkies, and bigger breeds/ mixes. Good luck with your egg waiting.

Morning Ya'll!

So in answer to breed questions... we have 8 Red Stars, 6 Tetra Tints, and 1 Silver Sebright. They are laying consistently, with the exception of the sebright who went broody a few weeks back... she has since started back up
celebrate.gif

We have ventilation around the entire top of our coop of anywhere from 2-4 inches (all covered in hardware cloth), plus 8 drop down windows (maybe it's 10?!).

Thank you all for the information so far!!!

Back
Top Bottom