North Carolina

Been having so much trouble getting the BYC app to work this week... I *think* it's working now?
Wanted to say to @InvertedKitty that I will be breeding French Black Copper Marans and Olive Eggers in spring. Right now I'm trying to source a great FBCM rooster (my only one got killed by a weasel or raccoon at our old place) I got some show quality shipped eggs and the only one to hatch happened to be a girl! Good problem to have I guess
smile.png

Also, does anyone have a duck(s) that roosts at night? I keep finding my khaki campbell drake on the lower and mid height roosts!

I have about 8 bound for freezer camp. PM me if you want one.

@InvertedKitty My Marans are honestly some of my friendliest! I do have one who goes crazy for painted toenails but she wasn't raised by me ;)
I can catch any of my Marans easily, including the ones I bought as adults. But really with any chicken breed, the more handling/attention it gets at a young age, the more tame and friendly it will be. :) I have a Production Red that is such a sweetheart and I believe it's because she spent her first 3 months inside during the winter, in my kitchen. :)
I have heard quail are a bit on the wild side, but I kept mine in the house their first two weeks and they are about as tame as chickens (albeit smaller and more capable of flight!)

My Marans roosters in the past have all been perfectly gentlemanly and never attacked or acted aggressive to me or the hens so I'd say that's also a good thing going for the breed :)

Crazy night ! All the chickens went into the house tonight to go roost except one. It was my rir hen she is the oldest and been here the longest. As they all was going in she turned and came to the back porch and got in a dog cage that I use for my chick when it was little. It has shavings in it and real cozy. I left her in there and closed the door to keep her safe. Not sure what's going on.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's a little cooler than what I'm use to but not so
cold that it hurts. Went to the Pee Dee show in
Lake City with the grandbabies and they had a
good time. They did well with their birds and in
the showmanship class even though they were
a little shy with the judge......their first show so........
One proud Granny here
big_smile.png

hope everyone has a good day
tongue2.gif

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's a little cooler than what I'm use to but not so
cold that it hurts. Went to the Pee Dee show in
Lake City with the grandbabies and they had a
good time. They did well with their birds and in
the showmanship class even though they were
a little shy with the judge......their first show so........
One proud Granny here
big_smile.png

hope everyone has a good day
tongue2.gif

I was also at the Pee Dee show. We spoke some, but I didn't realize it was you. It was my first show also. You have BEAUTIFUL grandbabies!

Back
Top Bottom