North Carolina

I'm gonna put deer cameras outside the chicken coop and run. I seen a coyote near our home the other day. I can't see it coming into the burbs, but who knows. That .177 is gonna smarts.
roll.png

"Coyotes love the suburbs that's why their population is thriving"

Yep, they are in all 100 counties and the burbs are easy hunting grounds. Nothing like an over abundance of cats and small dogs to feed a den of coyotes.

Coyotes love the suburbs that's why their population is thriving

"Coyotes love the suburbs that's why their population is thriving"

Yep, they are in all 100 counties and the burbs are easy hunting grounds. Nothing like an over abundance of cats and small dogs to feed a den of coyotes.

This is one of the big reasons I have LGDs(Livestock Guardian Dogs). They keep all varmits, coyotes, stray dogs, and people OFF my property and away from my stock and house. They are the best tool I have here and worth their weight in gold!

My boxer is a great watch/attack dog. He can be sound asleep inside, hear something minuscule, want out, take off and there goes the sound of footsteps of some critter off into the dark. Now if only he wouldn't see the chickens as food, he'd be perfect.

Cat 1...ICEMAN 0

Hope the cat made it home COOP, the folks at the hockey game thought I had been in a fight!!!!

Gonna be painting some ceilings Monday, you two want to come back??

Hate she panic when you tried to put her in the kennel. She certainly knows what it is.
She is adjusting quite well and warming up to us nicely. She enjoyed a night on the
bed with us. She has a whole lot of purr.
lau.gif

My Monday is promised to Hollowoak so painting the ceilings would have to be
next weekend and I love to paint.
love.gif

Why is it people miss seeing those BIG yellow buses? Mine got nailed again last Friday
afternoon.......rear-ended. I swear Fayetteville is full of practicing proctologist and my
backside is highly attractive to them.
gig.gif

Last edited:
I have just about decided to put my chicken coop in the middle of the horse pasture. My donkey takes no prisoners. He's killed a cat and a possum in the last few months! Talk about predator proofing.

Spent an hour or so this weekend sealing up the coop a bit. Mine has a lot of available ventilation so with these wicked winds, I figured they'd appreciate it. We got 11 eggs yesterday, up from 6/day last week!

Hey everyone!
I'm about 1,000 posts behind on here, so trying to catch up.
Hope everyone and their birds are doing well!

Question: What do you all do to keep your coop extra warm. I see it's supposed to be getting into single digits here overnight this week, which I think is the lowest it's ever been here, at least since I've had animals! My coop floor is the ground because I find it easier to keep clean. Can you even do deep litter method with that? I've heard some people say that helps keep the coop warm.

Also, I have my rabbits in a colony. The have shallow burrows and thick coats, but should I be worried about them freezing?

PS-- My first batch of Olive Eggers from my BCM roo are hatching now :) Heavily feathered legs too, I love that. Excited to be hatching my own eggs for the first time, I've always had to use other peoples.

Back
Top Bottom