North Carolina

you'll enjoy your favs! the roos are sooo dumb and friendly. I'm guessing you only ordered pullets though, they're very easy to sex a few days after hatch.

Ooh! Lovely ladies FVRM!
I ordered 6 pullets and 2 cockerels (they're just so purdy!) The hatchery page said they sometimes include a few extras as well, so maybe I'll get lucky and get a few more than I expected! OvO I'll probably only keep one cockerel though. If they both make it, I'll just sell the other(s). I take it they mature a little quicker than Silkies... I'm so used to them taking so long, lol!

Anyway, hope everyone's having a good weekend so far. It's kinda rainy here, but that's ok. I have the chooks all cooped up in the hen house because I had someone wanting to buy a few, but they were supposed to be here an hour ago... Gotta love time-wasters!
barnie.gif
(I mean, at least call and say SOMETHING, right?) Oh well...

OH, and I think I have the Hubs talked into letting me get a little pigeon I found on CL! She's supposed to be an Old German Owl and Fantail cross. :D

Last edited:
The rain is coming down in buckets! We won't be watering all the trees and plants we put in. Plus, the ground will be nice and soft for planting tomorrow. Kinda chilly, though. I think a crock of French Onion Soup is on the ticket for today.

Stay dry!

The rain is coming down in buckets!  We won't be watering all the trees and plants we put in.  Plus, the ground will be nice and soft for planting tomorrow.  Kinda chilly, though.  I think a crock of French Onion Soup is on the ticket for today. 

Stay dry!

Mouth watering..... Yummy!!! Can I come to your house lol!

LOL...you guys are funny!

Hey, has anyone been to the auction in Hamlet? It's on tonight, and I think I'm going to make the drive to see if it's worth going now and then. Would be helpful if anyone had information on it prior. It's an hour from me.

Pouring out here too. Given up on getting any land management done today. I'm heading for the farmer's market in Raleigh to see what's for supper and get some garden stuff.

Hello from the quiet lands NE of Sanford and SW of Raleigh. I look forward to learning about our flock and our state here. :)

Pouring out here too. Given up on getting any land management done today. I'm heading for the farmer's market in Raleigh to see what's for supper and get some garden stuff.

Hello from the quiet lands NE of Sanford and SW of Raleigh. I look forward to learning about our flock and our state here. :)

Welcome to the best group on BYC!

Had a dismal hatch this week. Out of six silkie eggs set, only one hatched. My humidity was crazy, plus they were shipped eggs. :(
Does anyone have any week old (or less) silkie chicks available now? I'd love to get some friends for my little one. I'm between Raleigh and Greensboro. I'd love patridge or lavender, but I'd go for BBS too...

Had a dismal hatch this week. Out of six silkie eggs set, only one hatched. My humidity was crazy, plus they were shipped eggs. :(
Does anyone have any week old (or less) silkie chicks available now? I'd love to get some friends for my little one. I'm between Raleigh and Greensboro. I'd love patridge or lavender, but I'd go for BBS too...
I just got dome from a back yard hobbiest in apex, that's close to you. Anyway he always has chicks. I'll pm you his number

TY!

I already have a win from this forum. The Cape Fear group had a poultry show today in Smithfield. I caught it about two pages back. I showed up late at 3pm and everyone was busy packing up so I didn't get to ask a lot of questions, but there were some very interesting fowl to check out!

I got to see a lot of breeds I hadn't even heard of. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom