North Carolina

Builder is gone....FINALLY...except for a punch list. Now I am finishing the house and need to landscape it plus move the chickens and greenhouses.

It looks realllll goooood now
I would drive right by that house and wonder what happened to that big yellow house looking down on a hay field.
edit to add, how and why would you landscape a hayfield?
Scott

Last edited:
Just around the house and back yard....leaving the hay and trees...

This is the before look

Well, looks like I might still have a Salmon Fav cockerel amongst my remaining 5 chicks... at least according to Mom. (They're in her big brooder cage.) I'll have to check it out when I get by her house again. Tentative YAY!

Also, I lost one of my baby Silkies today. I was afraid it wouldn't make it since it wasn't really thriving like the other one. :/
And OOH BOY! One of my neighbors is going to be minus a couple of dogs if they come back again!!!! It's the same two that killed my red Cochin roo and silver pencilled Cochin pullet last fall. They were terrorizing my darling Frizzle boy in his bachelor pad today when I pulled up, but they ran off before I could get the rifle. Thankfully everyone was ok other than being panicked, but it's absolutely unacceptable! I even rode around the neighborhood to see if I could find where they lived and chew their owner out! I keep my dogs under control. Is it so much to ask that other dog owners do the same?! GAHHH!!!
somad.gif
rant.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

OH YEAH! Forgot to add that it's Flock Swap weekend at the Tractor Supply in Asheboro! I hope there's a better turnout than last month... only me and three others were set up. If anyone's interested, it starts at 9:00am and runs until you want to call it quits. Setup is free, just make sure you have shade/water for your animals. Poultry and small livestock are welcome... and I've seen people set up with farm and garden supplies as well. I only have a couple of birds to sell, but I plan on being there!

Good morning folks and welcome to the new members
frow.gif

Yesterday got to be a good bit on the warm side. Thank goodness
that today is suppose to be cooler......but it will still be hot. I guess
I need to get out the ice bottles, fill them up and get them into the
freezer so the birds will have a bit of coolness during the heat. It
just might be one of those hot summers.
ep.gif

hope everyone has a good day
thumbsup.gif

Well, looks like I might still have a Salmon Fav cockerel amongst my remaining 5 chicks... at least according to Mom. (They're in her big brooder cage.) I'll have to check it out when I get by her house again. Tentative YAY!

Also, I lost one of my baby Silkies today. I was afraid it wouldn't make it since it wasn't really thriving like the other one. :/
And OOH BOY! One of my neighbors is going to be minus a couple of dogs if they come back again!!!! It's the same two that killed my red Cochin roo and silver pencilled Cochin pullet last fall. They were terrorizing my darling Frizzle boy in his bachelor pad today when I pulled up, but they ran off before I could get the rifle. Thankfully everyone was ok other than being panicked, but it's absolutely unacceptable! I even rode around the neighborhood to see if I could find where they lived and chew their owner out! I keep my dogs under control. Is it so much to ask that other dog owners do the same?! GAHHH!!!
:mad: :rant :he :barnie

I lost several good Silkies to a dog pack last summer..it was so bad that I rehomed all of my birds except 4 layers and their roo..I thought for months it was a feral pack, here it was really a "trailer park pack" and their owners just let them all run wild..hope the owners were smart enough to put 2 and 2 together when they all vanished.. I do have a pit bull and a Boxer and they are both great protectors but they are unfortunately not dog aggressive, only towards coons, fox etc..
I have started over from scratch this year, moved all of my future breeder pens inside the main barn, no more separate coops, and not giving any stray the chance again..I know all of my neighbors dogs, so if it's not one of them, it better give my farm a wide berth when roaming..

Gorgeous job!! My parents always bought run down places and fixed them up..way before "flipping a house" was TV show worthy..lol..it must be heriditary bc I'm in the process of fixing up my first..hopefully it'll be my one and only tho..
You did a wonderful job, the house looks so much like one up here for sale..it has a 17 stall barn, a pond and probably 100 acres and they're asking 1.3 million for it..if your house was side by side, they'd look like they were built by exact same contractor

Back
Top Bottom