North Carolina

HA - was at CTC by 0900 this morning after meeting hubby on his way home from work for breakfast. I've actually gotten 6 SLWs from CTC 2 weeks ago (now 5) plus most of the original chickens we've gotten have been from CTC. Love the schedule. Currently have 9 chicks in 2 brooders out in our shed - the 5 SLWs and 4 Marans that were incubated and hatched by a member here. Hope to have another incubation/hatch of up to 7 Marans. Then we'll see what we've got...

Amber (CTC) is going to be ordering Brahma Bantams for me when they do the Bantam runs. Kind of excited to see what that will be like - haven't ever had "purebred" bantams before.

Everytime I've been to the Broadway Sale (went quite a number of times in 2013 & 2014 before moving to our new property), there's "nothing" there... :(

:) I have BCM and Welsummers in the incubator now... 23 eggs still going strong! My first chickens were from Broadway - but I went on Good Friday and it was not an Auction - more of a Flock Swap. I started with 2 beautiful hens each about 6 months old. Since then, I've picked up a couple hens/roos from flock swaps and got a variety of chicks from CTC. At the current rate, I'll have another 50 hens at the end of the year just from the chicks I want to get from CTC

Truly genetically modified chickens never leave the lab. There are limited studies currently underway in "laboratory" at some schools but these birds NEVER enter the food chain. For you project you may want to use common breeds like RIR or Barred Plymouth Rocks. They are easy to see changes in food and environment as they are easy to keep. They are easy to find at most feed stores or ordered online. Good luck and remember you are what your food eats..(-:

Good day to all, I haven't posted in awhile, but I was wondering after reading all of these posts if the ban has been lifted for the sale of poultry? I thought it it was suppose to expire in December but I have not followed up on it.

Also any people in the Fayetteville area know if the 53 cedar creek flock swap will start if the ban is lifted

Good day to all, I haven't posted in awhile, but I was wondering after reading all of these posts if the ban has been lifted for the sale of poultry? I thought it it was suppose to expire in December but I have not followed up on it.

Also any people in the Fayetteville area know if the 53 cedar creek flock swap will start if the ban is lifted

Ban was lifted in Jan.

Greetings from East Fayetteville! Still a chicken rookie, got our first flock in May 2015. Just started a cream Brabanter flock. This is definitely my breed of choice. I am always looking for reasonably good pullet specimens, and I desperately want some Silver spangled (or silver black spotted?) branbanters. So, if you are in the US and have silvers and can ship, PLEASE let me know!

Cheers!

Ban was lifted in Jan.
The East Fayetteville Swap is the 1st Sat Feb - August. The first one of the year was HUGE! I hope everyone had great success! It was my first swap, I learned a LOT. Saw the biggest chickens I have ever seen. (Some should have come with a free saddle!) Can wait till the March Swap! see you there, hopefully with some OE Frizzle and Cream brabanter chicks :)

Just found this post - Davie County NC for me. Mother to 6 Tetra Tints, a pair of Silver Laced Polish, pair of Black with white topknot Polish, 7 noisy Guineas, 2 goats, assorted cats and a husband :)

Just found this post - Davie County NC for me. Mother to 6 Tetra Tints, a pair of Silver Laced Polish, pair of Black with white topknot Polish, 7 noisy Guineas, 2 goats, assorted cats and a husband :)
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom