North Carolina

Uh, you could do some research if you want. I'd check craigslist and eBay for hatching eggs because unfortunately, I don't know of anyone who does. Good luck on your search though!
thanks. Yeah. already did all of that. i ended up ordering online and shipping, even tho i didnt want to. I found one "local" small scale hatchery in Raleigh, but they didnt have the breed i want until next spring. Bummer :(
Got my babies all happy and healthy tho, so maybe shipping isnt so bad? :jumpy:jumpy

thanks. Yeah. already did all of that. i ended up ordering online and shipping, even tho i didnt want to. I found one "local" small scale hatchery in Raleigh, but they didnt have the breed i want until next spring. Bummer :(
Got my babies all happy and healthy tho, so maybe shipping isnt so bad? :jumpy:jumpy
What is the name of the hatchery in Raleigh?

Hey y'all!
I haven't been on here in years.
We live in town and have had backyard chickens for years.
We got some pekin ducks in the spring, 2 hens and a drake, as ducklings.
They have access to grass and clean water all day long and we feed DuMor layer pellets twice a day.
It is costing a fortune to feed them, they're going through a $15 bag of feed a week. I cut it with some cracked corn now that it's getting cold, but they're still going through so much food. They finish it in minutes and then quack super loud wanting more. If I free feed they will eat the entire container of food until their crops are super extended and still quack for more food.
Like, I can't afford to keep doing this.
How do y'all supplement or get them to not scream for food all day?
I know Pekin eat more than other breeds, but they are eating a ridiculous amount. I have 6 chickens that eat less a day than one duck and they don't have much access to grass because they pulled it all up the ducks just munch on it.

Hey I'm in North Carolina and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a free Silkie Rooster. He can't get along with my other rooster. He is very vocal but sweet :)

I'm in Surry County

Attachments

• 20181127_133643.jpg
    20181127_133643.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 3
I have 2 black copper Maran chicks about 4 weeks old, I believe they are going to be cockerels. They are not outside yet and still get a heat plate at night in a unheated bathroom. They have been handled as babys but that will soon be discontinued. Sweet as can be though with those feathered shanks. Anyways if anybody is interested in one or both they are free. I’m located between Charlotte and Winston Salem.

Back
Top Bottom