North Carolina

Well I got a beautiful trio of partridge silkies from SOS. They are just chatting away and so calm when you hold them. Also got a male pygmy baby goat which who follows us every where. Five ducks that follow us everywhere and what I thought was 2 buff silkies turned out to be 10. They are smelling and one has a cross beak. I have a friend that will take them so I left them in a very large pet carrier with some vitamin water and food. Wonder if I should clean them up? They are so stinky.

And I set my eggs from Beth. My first hatch so lets cross fingers.

Meredith,

That's great news....they didn't have any trouble adjusting to their new home. I'm so relieved to know they are happy and you are taking such good care of them. Thank you again. Please give us more updates when you have them!

This site and the people on it really are amazing. Thank you to everyone who responded. I haven't had a chance to read all of them since the highway was closed and I had to go home the long way and just got back. I need to get some sleep for work, but I'll check again tomorrow.

Tom

Heading to the WCA today !!!
wee.gif

If anyone is looking for us....we are in the far corner.

Yes... you can find us in front of the big, round fan.... blocking all the stale warm air for ourselves... LoL

On the road to WCA. Hope the three chicks are okay, little windy back there but we put them way back.
How do you all see in the corner. I tried bit could not see well.

By peeping through the cracks in the danged fencing and craning our necks when we want to get a really good look. Nobody bothers us in the corner.

SShhhhhhhh......don't want DH to figure it out
89.gif

if we counted I'm sure we'd get close to your
numbers............ but we ain't count'n
funny.gif

hope everyone enjoys WCA today..........
think RF and I are banned for a little while
tissue.gif

purple ducks
LoL... and what's wrong with purple ducks??

I'll be at WCA today, won't be there until about 1ish probably.

See everyone there! take care!

It was great seeing so many BYCer's at WCA today.

WCA bound
wee.gif
yall have a great day!!!gonna try and keep the DW hand down all I can.....maybe buy a few more roosters for the lady behind us.....I know how she loves to hear em crow
yippiechickie.gif

Now... you tell me exactly how are you supposed to keep my hand down, when in the exact same sentence you say we're gonna buy more roosters????

Short and cheep... Today was a buyers day.. I came home with a dozen Guinea eggs from Mary, so I can hatch them for NH.
big_smile.png

Guineas!

I got some great deals at WCA today.... a pair of Porcelain D'uccle (FINALLY!) really needed that rooster.... must have come from the same place 3Chickens got her stinky chickens... because mine were indeed stinky.... and my little hen kept rolling over and over in the dirt... I figure they might be in need of a bath and a dusting. Added to the top of my "To do List" for tomorrow. I also got 2 stainless steel pig feeders @ $7 each.... & Hubby got 2 Aseel chicks he wanted. Today was a good day!

Short and cheep... Today was a buyers day.. I came home with a dozen Guinea eggs from Mary, so I can hatch them for NH.
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif
Super excited for those guineas!! Found a fully engorged tick on the back of my leg this morning...NOT the way I wanted to wake up. I was freaking out and frantically searching everywhere else. No idea when/how I picked this one up. It was so fat, it "popped" right off without any trouble!! I guess it was in a blood coma. Still, I'd rather they feast on me and not my 2 girls. A special thank you to both you and Mary for the eggs!! You two are too SWEET!!!
hugs.gif

Good morning Everyone!

Did my chores in the light rain this morning, so I could come in and make breakfast for the inlaws. They've just hit the road, heading to check out UNC Wilmington, as that's the party school my niece is looking at attending.
gig.gif
They actually have a good dive program, but niece has partying tendencies, so it's not the smartest option, really.

Made banana streusel coffee cake, ham and scrambled eggs with cheese, plus toast and homemade blackberry jelly for breakfast. Niece wouldn't touch the coffeecake, but loaded up a bag of my cocoa krispie cookies to take with her!

At any rate, the inlaws are gone. I have my house back!

Ended up with one of the bantam chicks pipping, but then not zipping. It looks like what happened to one a couple weeks ago, where it looks like the yolk broke, then dried all over it and sealed up the pip like glue had been poured over it. One of the ones that hatched was also covered. I had to clear it's nostrils so it could breathe properly. Any idea what causes that?

I'm on the lookout for a couple or three true Ameraucana roos...cockerels preferred. Please let me know if you have any!

Good morning Everyone!

Did my chores in the light rain this morning, so I could come in and make breakfast for the inlaws. They've just hit the road, heading to check out UNC Wilmington, as that's the party school my niece is looking at attending.
gig.gif
They actually have a good dive program, but niece has partying tendencies, so it's not the smartest option, really.

Made banana streusel coffee cake, ham and scrambled eggs with cheese, plus toast and homemade blackberry jelly for breakfast. Niece wouldn't touch the coffeecake, but loaded up a bag of my cocoa krispie cookies to take with her!

At any rate, the inlaws are gone. I have my house back!

Ended up with one of the bantam chicks pipping, but then not zipping. It looks like what happened to one a couple weeks ago, where it looks like the yolk broke, then dried all over it and sealed up the pip like glue had been poured over it. One of the ones that hatched was also covered. I had to clear it's nostrils so it could breathe properly. Any idea what causes that?

I'm on the lookout for a couple or three true Ameraucana roos...cockerels preferred. Please let me know if you have any!

If I ever need a mini vacation.... I am coming to your house for a visit. I had left over hotdogs and rice for breakfast.
roll.png

P.S. Hollow... I hatched out a bucket full of Lavender Ameracaunas (PURE) I am sure I will have plenty of roosters. I DO have an extra full grown Lav Am roo. I am afraid to get rid of him, seems every time I get rid of an extra rooster the other dies or gets eaten.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom