North Carolina

I have Easter Eggers that lay blue and green eggs, Copper Maran trio, Cuckoo Maran, Buff Brahamas, Light Brahamas, Black and Red Sex Links, Leghorn lays cream color eggs, and Buckeye chickens. I sell hatching eggs and will take orders for baby chicks. Very happy to see others from North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia. Looking forward to being able to communicate with everyone.

I have Easter Eggers that lay blue and green eggs, Copper Maran trio, Cuckoo Maran, Buff Brahamas, Light Brahamas, Black and Red Sex Links, Leghorn lays cream color eggs, and Buckeye chickens. I sell hatching eggs and will take orders for baby chicks. Very happy to see others from North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia. Looking forward to being able to communicate with everyone.

HMMMM I'll be heading to your area next weekend. Do you have any chickens/chicks for sale? What do you have laying right now?

Welcome.....glad to meet you
frow.gif

Nice mix of birds
thumbsup.gif

I need help!! One of my chickens attacked and hurt another little hen. She isn't hurt bad that I can tell, some blood around her face on one side. I cleaned it up some. She is limp though with eyes closed and just peeps. Shaking some so I have her inside with me under a heat light. She wont sit up and her head is just limp. Is this just shock?? What do I do now??

Welcome Statesville! I am not on here a lot but glad you have joined. Actually, I am pretty new as well. I live up in the Mountains, Black Mountain. We have a storm that might collide right here in Buncomb County, hope it doesn't get too bad. Spent a few days trying to seal things up and tie things down. Hope you will enjoy the site, I do very much!

I need help!! One of my chickens attacked and hurt another little hen. She isn't hurt bad that I can tell, some blood around her face on one side. I cleaned it up some. She is limp though with eyes closed and just peeps. Shaking some so I have her inside with me under a heat light. She wont sit up and her head is just limp. Is this just shock?? What do I do now??
I'd say shock is a good possibility. I've had a couple that I thought were on the shady side of dead that ended up coming back around. Keep her warm and don't give up!

I'm not sure if that's shock or not. :fl I hope she gets better
Maybe try some scrambled eggs to perk her up.

what kind of hen is she amylou?

I'm not sure if that's shock or not. :fl I hope she gets better
Maybe try some scrambled eggs to perk her up.

She is a 16 week old frizzled Polish. She's on her side right now in the crate under a heat lamp. I've gotten some diluted Gatorade down her but that's it. Her head is just limp and floppy. Every now and then she'll start flopping around and ends up on her back which can't be a good thing. She's not visibly hurt bad but could her neck be injured that much? I'm st a loss on this one.

Back
Top Bottom