North Carolina

Quote: Originally Posted by ramirezframing  tylan 50  tsc store (glass bottle so dont drop) get a needle and all too   discard eggs thanks do i administer orally or do i inject it and if so where on the bird I am a first timer thanks jon

Injecting is the best way to be sure they get it all. You can do it under the skin between the wings/nape of neck. Or in the muscle on the breast. Be sure to find a short, thin needle.

Last edited:
thanks
do i administer orally or do i inject it and if so where on the bird I am a first timer
thanks
jon
I do the oral deal for no less than 5 days.
I think Matt can tell you how to give the
birds injections. I use a syringe without a
needle on it to give orally.......good luck
fl.gif

welcome-byc.gif
tick22......glad to meet you
frow.gif

I grew up in Cal and know what you mean
about the animal friendly thing. I also lived
in Mich. for 13 years so no way snow gets
as deep here as it did up there.....lol.....not
in the flat area here
lau.gif

They took my computer at work to the computer hospital, so I was unable to do much between classes today, including browse here. My Golly, the withdrawal!
ep.gif
Thank goodness for smart phones!
cool.png

Tomorrow is the ship date for my chicks from Welp.
woot.gif
I'm betting on them coming Friday. To that expectation, I will not be going to work Friday, but will work from home. Just so I can keep an eye on the new ones, of course.
tongue2.gif
No telling what troubles they might get into.

They took my computer at work to the computer hospital, so I was unable to do much between classes today, including browse here. My Golly, the withdrawal!
ep.gif
Thank goodness for smart phones!
cool.png

Tomorrow is the ship date for my chicks from Welp.
woot.gif
I'm betting on them coming Friday. To that expectation, I will not be going to work Friday, but will work from home. Just so I can keep an eye on the new ones, of course.
tongue2.gif
No telling what troubles they might get into.
congrats Hollow..........soak up lots of chickie love
celebrate.gif

Hi, We have had snow flurries here in Black Mountain, but, melting so no accumulation. I thought maybe my girls would not come out of the Coup but they
seemed to love it! I think I might have goofed, I have given them meal worms a few times so now when I go near them they follow me and yell at me until
I give them some more:>) It sure is a way to get them to eat out of my hands. I have tasted "real" eggs for the first time in my life and can't believe how good
they are. This city girl is sold on fresh eggs now and can't think I would ever want any other ones anymore. Neighbors said the same thing when I gave them
a few and said if I start selling them to count them as my best customers. How neat! Only two are laying so I'm wondering if others will start even though we
are going into Winter? They are just coming of age.

Hi, We have had snow flurries here in Black Mountain, but, melting so no accumulation. I thought maybe my girls would not come out of the Coup but they
seemed to love it! I think I might have goofed, I have given them meal worms a few times so now when I go near them they follow me and yell at me until
I give them some more:>) It sure is a way to get them to eat out of my hands.
I have tasted "real" eggs for the first time in my life and can't believe how good
they are.
This city girl is sold on fresh eggs now and can't think I would ever want any other ones anymore. Neighbors said the same thing when I gave them
a few and said if I start selling them to count them as my best customers. How neat! Only two are laying so I'm wondering if others will start even though we
are going into Winter? They are just coming of age.
Welcome to my world
frow.gif
And then I went for the pretty birds and many nice egg colors, Green, Blue, Olive, Light Brown, Red Brown, Just Brown, No plain White
barnie.gif
(what happened there?)

Scott

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom