North GA Fall Swap *Update pg 1*

Quote:
If you would like to post in your area, I think it would be a fine idea. If I cross post it will get flagged....already tried.
Honestly, if the weather is nice I bet we have over 150 people through here. EEEEK!

Quote:
If you would like to post in your area, I think it would be a fine idea. If I cross post it will get flagged....already tried.
Honestly, if the weather is nice I bet we have over 150 people through here. EEEEK!

Everyone get out the swine flu gear!
lol.png
roll.png

Quote:
Depending on how many chicks you plan to get, I usually just buy a 50lb bag. If you're not getting so many, get the smaller bag. The smallest bag of all, is not any use at all. It'll only last a few days. You'd be amazed how much food a chick can put away and they'll need free feed.

Quote:
Depending on how many chicks you plan to get, I usually just buy a 50lb bag. If you're not getting so many, get the smaller bag. The smallest bag of all, is not any use at all. It'll only last a few days. You'd be amazed how much food a chick can put away and they'll need free feed.

I'm thinking maybe 3 bantam chicks. Would 25lbs last until they move out of the starter?

Quote:

I'm thinking maybe 3 bantam chicks. Would 25lbs last until they move out of the starter?

Ah, no. But if you don't want to buy a 50lb bag straight off, you can always buy a 25lb followed by more 25lb bags as you need them. Banties may need to stay on the starter longer as they are slow to develop and mature, IMO.

Quote:

Ah, no. But if you don't want to buy a 50lb bag straight off, you can always buy a 25lb followed by more 25lb bags as you need them. Banties may need to stay on the starter longer as they are slow to develop and mature, IMO.

I'm guessing it would be cheaper to just buy 1- 50lbs than 2- 25lbs. Can they eat the starter until I run out? Although I may end up owning more chicks in the future.
lol.png
Is there an expiration date on feed?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom