North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I just lost Gen 1, she was not yet 1, and a "Greyslyn." she is the daughter of my avatar. She was not molting, she lost feathers from being mated and picked on, but she still was laying her eggs. she fell into a water bucket, that she could stand in, the water was not high, but cold. when she could not get out she froze. I forgot I used to keep a rock in the bucket, for just such an emergency.
Oh, Nikki, I am so sorry she is gone. dont beat yourself up. we cant remember and do everything, we are only human...

No problem.

Side note: does anyone want free EE hatching eggs? My little Blueberry is laying and I want to check her fertility but I'm banned from incubation for the year. :hit

I'll give whoever wants them the eggs she lays from now until you can get them, I travel to Hayden/CDA this Friday.

Babes would lay blue to minty green eggs as mom is homozygous blue and dad is a heterozygous blue OE
If you want/need to give more away, I would love to try and hatch some. Of course give you the ones you want!!

If you want/need to give more away, I would love to try and hatch some. Of course give you the ones you want!!
I could gather up a few more for you if you just want to hatch eggs. Chelsea got some of them but I don't mind sharing. I've got 3 right now, and I'll be in Rathdrum or Cd'A on Sunday if you want to meet there instead of Spokane.

I love getting free chicken coops off craigslist :)
I'll post a picture tonight after I get it set up.
Hubby threatened to just dump it on the porch and have me deal with it. I told him that was fine, so long as he wanted chickens that close to the house.

Back
Top Bottom