North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
Hi all, I live in Athol Idaho.  I raise Silver Gray Dorking heritage chickens and just started raising heritage White Holland Turkey and Naragansett Turkeys. My turkeys haven't started laying yet, hopefully in a month.

I do have a young breeding pair of Blue Silkies, but she hasn't started laying eggs yet.  I plan to sell SG Dorking and Silkie chicks when I have them and also turkey poults

Hi, I am interested in your SGD and your Silkie do you still raise them?

Hello!

I finally found the thread for this area, it only took me months to get the hang of this website and track down the thread I wanted. :clap

I live outside Coeur d'Alene, and I am so happy to find people who can talk chicken with me. In May my wonderful husband took me to Big R to purchase chicks. I planned on 3 EE's and 2 of another breed, which I would determine once I was at the store. I ended up getting Partridge Rocks and had to get 4 EE's because I would have left one chick in an aquarium all by her lonesome.  ...Since then chicken math has struck twice, my boss gave me 4 culls from her flock. Funny thing, one has not started laying, and the other 3 lay almost EVERY SINGLE DAY. The second installment of pullets was a Craigslist find. When I went to buy them, I could see they had Scaly Leg Mites, so I have been treating them, and with good results. 

I think every day I see another breed that I want... Sigh.:rolleyes:

Hi, come back to this thread. There are lots of BYC peeps near you...

I just read your signature, i see you have 1 dorking, I assume you do not have fertile eggs?
Not yet. She is just over 4 months now. I do have Nancy's # though if you are wanting some Dorkings. She breeds Silver-greys and Reds. She is wonderful and her birds are absolutely beautiful. I know she's not on BYC very often anymore though.

Hi, I am interested in your SGD and your Silkie do you still raise them?

Hi Cyndi, I still rasie Dorkings; Silver Grey & Reds, and Silkies. I don't have any chicks for sale at this time since my hens all took time off from laying the past couple months. I'm starting to get a few eggs now and I'm incubating. I hope to have chicks available for sale by about April. I normally do not sell hatching eggs. However, if my incubators are full and I have an abundance, I might sell hatching eggs.

I also raise Heritage Rhode Island Reds and hope to have chicks for sale sometime April or May.

I have three varieties of heritage turkeys; Narragansette, Beltsville Whites & Midget Whites so I'm hoping to sell poults beginning in May/June.

Thanks for your interest!
Nancy

Not yet. She is just over 4 months now. I do have Nancy's # though if you are wanting some Dorkings. She breeds Silver-greys and Reds. She is wonderful and her birds are absolutely beautiful. I know she's not on BYC very often anymore though.

Thanks Chelsea! I love seeing the pictures of your Dilkies! They are such sweet birds.

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom