North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
The other night we drove to athol to get a dozen eggs to hatch from my cousin. He said never in a million years would he have thought of driving an hour for a dozen eggs. But he did it with a smile on his face.

He is just learning but has made some really nice knives, and I wanted towel hooks so he made those too. He is making the hinges and latch for the doors to his shop, and hopefully for my outhouse coop so it looks like I want it too. He also has made several other things. I love to hear the hammer hitting the steel when he is out there working. I will have pics to show of his shop, its really cool.

Definitely bring pics :)

The other night we drove to athol to get a dozen eggs to hatch from my cousin. He said never in a million years would he have thought of driving an hour for a dozen eggs. But he did it with a smile on his face.

The things we do for chickens. I don't even watch to know how much I've spent on shipped eggs that never hatched. Getting the hang of it though and the quirks of my incubators :)

Hi, I was marking our meeting date on the calendar & realized Saturday FEB 13th is the due date for our 7th Annual Hatch-a-long. Just an FYI for those who are hatching chicks or ducks!!
Does this make a difference to anyone??

Oops, I'm wrong on this date... sorry, NEVERMIND!!!

That's when I feel special, when my honey/husband shows interest in mine. And he will build things for me too, he is my best friend.
@uglyfoot your husband doing blacksmithing is awesome. There are so many things he can make for both of you, very cool.

Last edited:
I put my incubator in a box and have not had a problem with the temp fluxuating since.

I was reading a post yesterday in "the 7th annual hatch-a-long" about wrapping our incubators for better controlled temps and to stop spiking temps. I can't find it now. If I find it I will tell you all. Just as you have done country lovin, it seems to work. I will try it on my next batch of eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom