North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Hypothesize with me for a second... I have a white rooster, who I am under the assumption is actually recessive white, black dominant. And a buff hen. They have produced 2 black chicks and 1 blue. Based on this chart, that would make my buff hen a blue dominant or recessive, correct? And if that's correct, then they will not produce splash together. But if I breed a blue to a blue, I have a chance of splash. Right? @Saris Anyone else is more than welcome to put their two cents in too. I'm always up for learning!

Hypothesize with me for a second...
I have a white rooster, who I am under the assumption is actually recessive white, black dominant. And a buff hen. They have produced 2 black chicks and 1 blue.
Based on this chart, that would make my buff hen a blue dominant or recessive, correct?
And if that's correct, then they will not produce splash together. But if I breed a blue to a blue, I have a chance of splash.
Right?
@Saris
Anyone else is more than welcome to put their two cents in too. I'm always up for learning!
I found this site, pretty cool, just put in your colors and it calculates it for you...
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Well, eggs are doing well in the bator....tues will make 2 weeks...but in other exciting. News..we had 2 beautiful boer goats born this afternoon about 2pm
this one is our lil girl and...
and this is our handsome lil guy!
Momma is a first timer and is lovin em both!!!

Back
Top Bottom