North Idaho / Eastern Washington

First egg from the new SLW off of craigslist!

Any life in those eggs?
Not sure yet. I was thinking I might candle this evening though, but it's only day 4 according to my hatch-a-batch. I may wait a few more days (tomorrow or the next day). I probably won't be able to hold out tonight though, so we'll see.

Not sure yet. I was thinking I might candle this evening though, but it's only day 4 according to my hatch-a-batch. I may wait a few more days (tomorrow or the next day). I probably won't be able to hold out tonight though, so we'll see.
The eggs are small enough that there should be some sign of life, a darkening of the yolk area or light veins.

Some look like there's life, some look clear. Leaving all of them in though
wink.png
we'll check again in a few days.
Oh I can't wait! you should know by the time these eggs of mine hatch! I still appear to have 13 Ameraucana eggs going strong. I lost one choc and an unlabeled one was clear. I still have a mystery color one that is labeled with a question mark. I need to get a contraption set up to separate the choc splits from the lav splits for when they hatch.

I also have 8 Biele eggs that seem to be going well, woot woot!

Hi everyone! I am new to backyard chickens and to chickens. We live in the Rathdrum area and I'm very happy to have found this thread.

Back
Top Bottom