North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I have a brood of 10 silkies that are ~2 weeks old, if you want one. Of course I have no idea what sex they are. They are paints, all but 1 are white with black markings. The solid black one we have is being kept tho.

This was for @jlashaw

Last edited:
Yes, i would love to caponize one of my roosters who has attached me and my husband a few times. yesterday he caught me unaware and it hurt. we have to go buy propane for our outdoor burner, otherwise he would of been chicken soup. it will be soon, he is agressive and he is tearing up my hens. i need to seperate him (alone).

Too old to caponize probably, should be around 4-8 wks. Chicken soup!! I have one too, my not so goid cemani has gone after the grandkids so he is going tmr..

I have a couple young RIR roos that will be dinner someday, we could practice on them too. Not sure how old they have to be, they're about 6 weeks now.

I'm very interested in trying!! Just need @Saris and her tools.. Lol

If he's a mature roo then it's too late to caponize
Between 6 and 12 weeks is the recommended time. You want to do it before they really start getting hormones, the testicles grow a lot and are harder to remove over 12 weeks.

Agree.. But maybe as young as 4 wks I've read also.

I "practiced" on already dead 6 month old roos and I only tried on one before I realized that they were much too old.

I thought about that too!! With my ones I'll process soon.

That would be cool. here or there depending on the day.

Just tell me a day before May 20th.. I go on Vaca that week.

@Hawk12

@UGLYFOOT

What if we got together on the 15th? Unless there are weekday mornings that work for both of you?

I am actually off the 15th, which is practically a miracle! It seems I am always working weekends when something is being planned..

Yay!
The 15th should work for me too
smile.png

Awesome!

The kit is travel size so where do we want to meet? I would only want to do one of my Bieles, since he has comb sprigs, the others I want to see how they mature. The others I have would be too young. I could easily find a sitter for my kids should I need to travel.

Yay!

Awesome!

The kit is travel size so where do we want to meet? I would only want to do one of my Bieles, since he has comb sprigs, the others I want to see how they mature. The others I have would be too young. I could easily find a sitter for my kids should I need to travel.

If you come out this way to do it, I'd be happy to kid sit.

Hey, did you still want to grab a boy? Or wait a little? Unless you want to meet at N40 or country store in CDA tomorrow, I plan on being home all day w/exception of morning/afternoon school run for the boy child. Just PM me, I seem to check BYC once before bed now that I work daytime hours (or while at work on my lunch like today).
Hi, i just saw your post, I bought more pekins and 2 Blue Sweds, so I will have to decline him at this time. I have changed my course. Maybe later, if you plan on breeding them? Thank you so much, hope i didnt delay your duck dinner??

Back
Top Bottom