North Idaho / Eastern Washington

That works for me. Just let me know what day and time. As long as there is a bit of room in the pen, they should be fine together. I have a bunch of roosters in my pens (hence why they are being given away lol) and I see minimal fighting, usually with the silkie roosters ganging up on other birds.
OK, i think i will need more feed in a couple of days. ill let you know. can you bring all 3 birds when we meet? so i can see them. if it is not too difficult for you. thanks i appreciate you.

OK, i think i will need more feed in a couple of days. ill let you know. can you bring all 3 birds when we meet? so i can see them. if it is not too difficult for you. thanks i appreciate you.

I only have the 1st and 3rd ones, now. I had someone take one of the boys today. If I still have both, I will bring both of them when we meet.

I only have the 1st and 3rd ones, now. I had someone take one of the boys today. If I still have both, I will bring both of them when we meet.

Hi, saw your post last night. I may be going to CDA today or tomorrow morning around 11am. would you like me to text you on your phone? if so, could i have your number.
i will pm you w/mine...

We had thunder storms come through yesterday, here is a pic of ball lightning from 2 years ago, 2 shots one as the ball lighting was closer, next as it was drifting past...

and a close up...

As of today I now have a closed flock. Sadly I was given a confirmation of Mareks on a necropsy. I guess the first one did not show enough signs. I am going to have the tissue samples done for complete assurance. Too bad because I have chicks due tomorrow from my Isbar and bielefelder pairs. I am going to look into the selling of hatching eggs from a mareks positive flock. Maybe I can salvage my dream of having breeders. I am just so sick about this.. I hope I don't lose too many more. I have some really cool babies. It will be hard to watch them die one by one. Some have made it, but I have lost hundreds of dollars with of rare breeds.

Last edited:
As of today I now have a closed flock. Sadly I was given a confirmation of Mareks on a necropsy. I guess the first one did not show enough signs. I am going to have the tissue samples done for complete assurance. Too bad because I have chicks due tomorrow from my Isbar and bielefelder pairs. I am going to look into the selling of hatching eggs from a mareks positive flock. Maybe I can salvage my dream of having breeders. I am just so sick about this.. I hope I don't lose too many more. I have some really cool babies. It will be hard to watch them die one by one. Some have made it, but I have lost hundreds of dollars with of rare breeds.

:hugs I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully your remaining birds will produce more resistant chicks.

Also the virus isn't spread from hen to embryo though the egg.

Last edited:
:hugs I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully your remaining birds will produce more resistant chicks.

Also the virus isn't spread from hen to embryo though the egg.

That may be true, but I have to keep enough quality birds alive to be able to breed them. I will be looking into breeding for resistance. This is going to be a hard year watching all the chicks I have hatched either make it or die.

Back
Top Bottom