North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Woo here's my once in a blue moon check in... I have ~10 cockerels to process in the next few weeks, we just had 2 litters of rabbits born (a litter of 7 and 8), and trying to fence our property so we can get goats. We're bloody worn out over here!

How's everyone else?
I'm alright. Trying to figure out how to move forward with my flock. I have confirmed LT and MS in it. and someone reported my roosters......

I will have to cull the boys and vaccinate everyone for LT. Hopefully I can get a boy in spring and sneak him in for a bit for breeding.

Hi all, I'm looking into getting some chicks this coming spring. I'm torn between which hatchery I'm going to use, I really like the reviews I've seen about Meyer but I'm concerned about shipping chicks that far. Other hatcheries I'm looking at are Dunlap in Idaho and Ideal in Texas. Has anyone used Meyer with good results? Or the other two? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for any advice!

I'm ordering from Dunlap this year, specifically Naked Necks. They're going to have the meatiest Naked Necks available at any hatchery in the US (based on other's experiences).

Currently for overnight at Couer d'Alene springhill suites will accept egg drop offs at front desk for me if anyone feels like they want something to do..
hide.gif
frow.gif

Woo here's my once in a blue moon check in... I have ~10 cockerels to process in the next few weeks, we just had 2 litters of rabbits born (a litter of 7 and 8), and trying to fence our property so we can get goats. We're bloody worn out over here!

How's everyone else?

We had rain for weeks and my duck area and pens are so mucky & yucky. im glad i have boots to wade through it. the best part is the rain made 2 ponds for my ducks to have fun in; even though i have 5 pools for them the still like the muddy ponds better, cuz the ponds are much bigger than the pools.
my ducks have stopped laying about a week ago, i do get 1 egg a day from one of my chocolate runners and i have 13 runner ducks.
my chicken project is where i want it. i just have a few hatchery chickens and mix breeds that i have hatched that i would love to give away or else they will go in the freezer.

anyone want any laying hens? mixed hatchery breeds??

Haven't been on here in a while, but life has been hectic. Went to Seattle over the weekend and have been providing additional light to my girls for about a week or two. Got back Sunday night to find that my Bantam Lavender/Self Blue Ameraucana hen laid an egg, and also my White Ameraucana hen. Totally made my day to see they're laying. I also picked up 2 white ameraucana roosters from while on my trip. My Bantam Lavender egg was fertile but the white ameraucana egg was not (kind of good since I've got a new rooster going in to her pen).
Anyway, very excited! Would have posted pictures, but I ate them, lol.

Haven't been on here in a while, but life has been hectic. Went to Seattle over the weekend and have been providing additional light to my girls for about a week or two. Got back Sunday night to find that my Bantam Lavender/Self Blue Ameraucana hen laid an egg, and also my White Ameraucana hen. Totally made my day to see they're laying. I also picked up 2 white ameraucana roosters from while on my trip. My Bantam Lavender egg was fertile but the white ameraucana egg was not (kind of good since I've got a new rooster going in to her pen).
Anyway, very excited! Would have posted pictures, but I ate them, lol.

Well thats exciting! I would love to see pictures of your white roosters.
My little white ameraucana cockerel from you tried to crow for the first time this morning! It was the cutest thing ever!

Back
Top Bottom