North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Lol I think the term jumbo is subjective. There are size differences between my quail but it is measured in ounces unlike chickens with pounds. I have a mix of colors and sizes. I will be separating them in the spring to utilize the larger birds for meat production providing I like the meat or if people were interested in them. I can get eggs for lines that are bred for meat. They also come in some really cool colors. I like the tuxedo ones that are a mutation with white chests. Those are generally small sized birds though. For me it's all about the eggs right now. As I said I have discovered pickling or marinating them. Yummmmmyyyyy!!
I have some Jumbo Coturnix quail, which is why I was asking. I may be interested in purchasing some hatching eggs from you in the future.

C, those are some beautiful clean eggs. what are they in? my chickens have the normal/usual wooden boxes and lately they kick all the straw, or shavings or grass hay, whatever i put in there they kick out.
any good ideas for me & my chickens?
I just have the nesting boxes with pine shavings in them. Seems to work well for me though :)

I have some Jumbo Coturnix quail, which is why I was asking. I may be interested in purchasing some hatching eggs from you in the future.

What color are your birds? I am not sure if that is a title they give to the brown ones. I will have fertile eggs any time you are ready. My pens are covered with a 1 to 5 ratio. But they are all mixed right now. I can separate out the bigger birds if you are looking for meat ones.

What color are your birds? I am not sure if that is a title they give to the brown ones. I will have fertile eggs any time you are ready. My pens are covered with a 1 to 5 ratio. But they are all mixed right now. I can separate out the bigger birds if you are looking for meat ones.

All coturnix are either Jumbo or Pharoah, with certain colors tending toward one or the other, usually. Some lines are also much better egg layers than others. Also, most whites are not Texas A&M anymore. There can be a huge (for quail) difference in sizes sometimes as small as 4-6 oz or bigger than 12 oz. We have raised quail a few times. Our main goal is eggs, but we also eat them. Just a few facts to chew on for ya.

All coturnix are either Jumbo or Pharoah, with certain colors tending toward one or the other, usually. Some lines are also much better egg layers than others. Also, most whites are not Texas A&M anymore. There can be a huge (for quail) difference in sizes sometimes as small as 4-6 oz or bigger than 12 oz. We have raised quail a few times. Our main goal is eggs, but we also eat them. Just a few facts to chew on for ya.

Thank you for you input. I belong to a facebook group trying to learn all I can. I am in it mostly for the eggs. But will be trying some of the meat soon. I hope to sell fresh and pickled eggs to pay for feed costs. I really like the little birds. We are keeping them in an aviary type pen. They can be quite personable. I think they are my favorite besides my Seramas

Mine are just the standard brown coloring. Any chance I could swing by this evening to pick up some eggs? I'm not too worried about the size at the moment. And what is the cost?

I put some eggs in to see if they will hatch for X-mas, someone dumped a rooster, whom I have re-homed. The 3 shown are a green egg in center and to the left, a greyslyn egg, and to the right a greyslyn egg with a lot of bloom.

Back
Top Bottom