North Idaho / Eastern Washington

None of my birds will touch it either. Unless they can reach it with their beak. A couple have flown out of the coop and land in it but then just stand there like they don't know what to do. Haha...silly birds.

My store eggs a while a go got wrecked when a hen sat on them then broke a yolk on the whole deal. My son got married in MT and my new in-laws had NN chickens... I have 3 of their eggs in incubator, Wish me luck. This will bond us...

Good luck
1f340.png

I will definitely be glad when this cold snap breaks. I put some plastic up on the run to block the wind and the chickens are appreciating it I think.

I just realized that I have been occasionally posting on the Eastern Washington North Idaho buy sell trade thread instead of this one. I am very sorry for this mistake. I'm not sure how I ever even got on that other one. Oh well. I will have to remember it again when I'm in the market for some more chickens.

Hi! Like the plastic on the run. I hope it clouds up and snows so we can get warmer temps! I am pretty tired of getting frozen cracked eggs. Since I only get a few right now anyways. My chickens and quail are real feeloaders!

Hi! Like the plastic on the run. I hope it clouds up and snows so we can get warmer temps! I am pretty tired of getting frozen cracked eggs. Since I only get a few right now anyways. My chickens and quail are real feeloaders!

I never thought I'd be wishing for snow. I can't wait for warmer weather.

I am pleasantly surprised how well the plastic on the run has worked. Blocking the wind seems to make all the difference. My chickens have just started laying in the last three days. I've gotten one egg per day :) from 12 chickens. Not very good but oh well. There are at least two and maybe three different chickens laying however.
The snow just keeps coming. I have to go out and knock the snow off the tarp several times a day. This summer I am going to build a solid roof structure to cover part of the run. The tarp just doesn't work when it snows a lot. This is the first serious winter we've had since I've had chickens. So I am kind of learning as I go.
I am pleased about where I decided to put my coupe. I can easily monitor and control the temperatures and wind etc. In the winter I will use the plastic if needed and in the summer I can put up the shade cloth if needed. But it is pretty well protected where it is.
Hang in there everybody. It's going to get chili the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom