North to Alaska!

Pics
Just curious where you came across Coronation Sussex, Amy... I didn't know anyone else up here had them!

big_smile.png
Hello my fellow chicken keepers (or do they keep us?) I live in the valley this will be my second winter caring for the chicks here. I will use 2 heat lamps, roosting stand and an heat element under my water. I use straw and clean it 2x monthly. I have more this yr so I will adjust by watching them. The winds were my problem last yr because they were nasty and dangerous here. I have old english silverwinged bantees and red jungle fowl (new to me). I am reducing my flock and also interested in 2 larger hens. And I thought it would be cats!
cool.png

Hi, Alaskagram,

I'm in the Valley too and we decided to move out of what we call 'The Wind Tunnel!' Until we do, however, we have just two young Americauna pullets, Bessie and Amelia. Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Hello from Anchorage! I hope everyone has been doing well and is getting ready for the winter! Look at me, on the BYC when I should be working...or something. This autumn has been spectacular, has it not?

Gosh where did summer go? Winter is most definetly the list here. I am up to my neck in roosters. I don't think all these will winter together. So now am thinking I will list them free and see if I have interest. I need to make sure that they do not suffer. It is a terrible feeling. Word to the wise, consider very carefully when you rescue young chicks. My red jungle fowl are BEAUTIFUL! Seems that the feathers would be fab for mask or head dress. Hope all is well with you and welcome to any newcomers!
smile.png

Quote:
I would ask 10 or 15 a piece for them.

Haven't we had a fabulously beautiful fall! I let the chickies out into the garden this morning and they're having a good time scratching around. Too soon it'll be covered in snow...but for now the sun is shining down on brown piles of leaves that need to be raked up.

Back
Top Bottom