Northern bobwhite quail wanted

The ones I got were packed REALLY well. In quail egg cartons taped together and in a box filled with peanuts so very well insulated.

You can probably ask the seller to time shipping with a warmer spell, if you're concerned.

northern bobwhite quail needed for reintroduction project into wild swampland and meadows in the upcoming spring.
You may want to check with your local ag office to be sure there are no restrictions in your area. I know they have concerns about potential to introduce disease into wild populations. When I checked down here they said to successfully reintroduce new populations you would need about 100 acres of prime habitat to be successful, otherwise you are just creating a buffet for coyotes and hawks. :/

got about seventy acres of prime river delta and meadows, thick swampland and woodlands, pines included. local codes say nothing about quail or wild game birds specifically. that being said i went to the county court house and inquired about release. apparently the release of game birds in my area is promoted, but rarely ever done. only by the nearest preserves every few years. i would like to see them around again after so many years, grouse too.

got about seventy acres of prime river delta and meadows, thick swampland and woodlands, pines included. local codes say nothing about quail or wild game birds specifically. that being said i went to the county court house and inquired about release. apparently the release of game birds in my area is promoted, but rarely ever done. only by the nearest preserves every few years. i would like to see them around again after so many years, grouse too.
That's awesome, I hope it works well. I would love to be able to reintroduce BobWhites in my area as well. I only have 46 acres but I do back up to a protected prairie. I may have to look into it again. Keep us posted on your progress!

Back
Top Bottom