(not a troll post) Can my chickens eat serrano peppers?

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Just the pepper itself, not the stem. I wanna see if they would like it as a treat but I don't want them to panic over the spicyness. Serannos are 10,000-23,000 on the scoville unit, a jalapeno is 2,500-8,000. Would peppers be toxic to chickens as well? Just so it is known, chickens CAN taste spiciness and I dont want them running around because of the spiciness and run into a wall or something because they may or may not freak out because of the spiciness

Just the pepper itself, not the stem. I wanna see if they would like it as a treat but I don't want them to panic over the spicyness. Serannos are 10,000-23,000 on the scoville unit, a jalapeno is 2,500-8,000. Would peppers be toxic to chickens as well? Just so it is known, chickens CAN taste spiciness and I dont want them running around because of the spiciness and run into a wall or something because they may or may not freak out because of the spiciness
No it's not toxic.
Chickens can not taste the spicy. 🙄🤚

Why would you want to feed super hot peppers as a treat?

I'm honestly curious why you're so hung up on weird treat items. Toss them a couple peas or crickets every now and then.
cause i treat my babies with love and care and love to give them random stuff that they might like

Back
Top Bottom