(Not crested) cream legbar cockrel or pullet?

Imaginemv

Hatching
Aug 7, 2023
Hi! I thought I was getting a cream legbar but she/he doesn’t have a crest. Hoping she is a she and not a he! Any help is super appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4846.jpeg
    IMG_4846.jpeg
    718.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4860.jpeg
    IMG_4860.jpeg
    772.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4854.jpeg
    IMG_4854.jpeg
    546.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4851.jpeg
    IMG_4851.jpeg
    805.7 KB · Views: 22
If you don't mind my asking, where did you get her from? I prefer the look of the non-crested cream legbars, and would like to add one to my flock eventually. Yours is especially cute :)

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get her from? I prefer the look of the non-crested cream legbars, and would like to add one to my flock eventually. Yours is especially cute :)
She is the sweetest chicken! I got two, one has a crest and the other doesn’t. I got them at McChicks hatchery in Maine. Meg is super nice and runs a really clean operation however…4 of my 10 pullets turned out to be roosters. I got them when they were 9 weeks old.

Thank you, I'll look into McChicks! I'm sorry you ended up with so many cockerels when you wanted pullets! At least you'll get some lovely blue eggs from those two :)

I got silkie pullets from McChicks! Highly recommend her, but have had similar issues to yours come up. I initially contacted her about purchasing Blue Pullets. Around same age as yours, 9 or 10 weeks. Welp, we ended up getting 2 black pullets (they have not lightened up even though she was very confident they would turn out to be Blue)…and a Splash Cockerel (the 3rd supposed to be pullet). At her prices and with so many picked feathers on these birds that we ultimately purchased, I’m pretty disappointed to say the least. $180 on 3 *surprise* birds that I’ve become attached to. It puts me in a predicament that I’m uncomfortable with. I already have black pullets which is why I wanted to purchase different colors to add to my mostly monochromatic flock. Not to mention my discriminatory satin silkie rooster who definitely will not allow any young fellas to integrate (mentioned all of this to her). Just wish she was a little more thorough at those prices.
She is the sweetest chicken! I got two, one has a crest and the other doesn’t. I got them at McChicks hatchery in Maine. Meg is super nice and runs a really clean operation however…4 of my 10 pullets turned out to be roosters. I got them when they were 9 weeks old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom