Not going to be a victim

As long as you don't shoot the intruder in the back, the Castle Doctrine is king. Though some states have a 'duty to retreat' clause, meaning you have to try and get away before using lethal force. Other States, the criminals are fair game the minute they break in.

That woman did what was right. And since she was on the phone for at least 21 minutes with the 911 operator, obviously she was on her own. Cops can't teleport to your location instantly, you have to deal with the threat yourself. I am glad this wasn't a story about a woman and her infant being brutally murdered, but instead, the criminal finally getting what they deserve.

Quote:
That's a Kingpin law for you. If I drive the getaway car for our bank robbery and someone gets killed, I get charged with murder. All acts during the commission of a felony....

And if you paid me to rob the bank... you get it too. Those laws were instituted to help bring down the top guy in an organization.

I agree that if me and you rob a bank and you shoot and kill someone that we both get charged with murder. What I don't agree with is if we rob a bank and the police officer shoots me and then he puts my death on your head.

Back
Top Bottom