Not so Free Free Puppy {added pictures}

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by reallemons1, Jun 1, 2011.

1. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Someone came here to get a turkey and she had just been to a poultry sale. Someone at the sale was giving puppies away and there was 1 left and she took it to rehome. Well he was in a crate for the turkey so she took him out for my husband to hold while she found a box for the pup, well long story short my husband didn't give him back. Anyways, he is supposed to be a 10 week old pointer and was thin and had diarreah. So to the vet. He was 8 pounds had round and hook worms and coccida. Gave his 4 meds and today 3 weeks later he weighs 14 pounds 11 oz (no more diarreah) but has tape worms and still had coccidia and an ear infection (yeast). So got 2 things for his ears, more wormer and pills for coccidia, Heartguard, and Advantix. Good thing he is a very sweet little free pup!

This is Dude.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Waiting for treats with our other guys, Zuma (doxi-pin), Bob (jack russell) and Dude in the back
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  2. WalkerH

WalkerH Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah it is funny how nothing free is ever truly free. We got two pit pups from a rescue and they ended up both of coccidia and kennel cough, that was fun! I wanna see pictures of this little guy.

3. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Quote:sooooo true.

4. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    What?! No Pics?? [​IMG]

5. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG] Thank you for the pics! He is such a cutie!! Congrats on your new addition!

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Sorry about the vet bills, but I can see why hubby didn't give him back [​IMG]

7. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    That is a wonderful thing you did. I am sure you will be re paid for a long time to come for your kindness. He is adorable.

8. HogbackMtnChickns

HogbackMtnChickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    New Castle, Colorado
    What a cutie!

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww, he's a sweetie! [​IMG] So are the other two. [​IMG] thanks for sharing.

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Free always costs ya, but he is adorable.

I love Pointers.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by