Not sure about the breed of your chicken(s)? Click here!

Pics
I've got some for you. A day late at TSC and almost all the bantams were gone. I did see a few Cochins. One had the yellow spot on the head so I know it's barred and hopefully a pullet this time! The other looks the same. Same spot, but it's fuzz is way lighter and looks blue. Can there be such a thing as a blue barred Cochin.
The other two are clean leg birds but don't look OEGB, so idk, but they are so cute. One has a black bandits mask and the others eyes are ringed in brown. It has a faint chipmunk striped back in dark grey, black and a tiny bit of silvery fluff outlining the stripe.
Any guesses, educated or otherwise are welcome. These two clean legs are like nothing I have had before.
#1 the Cochin sisters
20200410_232121.jpg

A better look at the lighter one
20200410_232125.jpg

#2 our masked bandit. My daughter immediately named it Penguin.
20200410_232158.jpg

20200410_232704.jpg

20200410_232711.jpg

Can't wait to hear what you think! I love mystery babies. Unless they are familiar colors of OEGB, are Cochin, d'Uccle, or sebright, it's all guessing for me.

I can tell you what breed or mix of breeds you have. All you have to do is post some pictures and tell me where you got your chicken(s).

Preferred pictures would be a standing side profile, a picture of the legs and feet (if not included in the side profile), and a picture of the comb (if it's not a single comb).

I would also prefer that you only post chickens that are older than 12 weeks. I can try with younger chicks, but sometimes it's impossible to know at that age.

I would be happy to tell you how I came to my conclusions. If you're wondering about your chicken's sex, I can help with that, too!
I'm not sure what type of chicks they are we bought 15 from a breeder it's our first ever batch of chicks but I have a attached some picks was also woundering if this little one is male or female

Attachments

• 20200411_010119.jpg
    20200411_010119.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200411_010036_HDR.jpg
    20200411_010036_HDR.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200411_010106_HDR.jpg
    20200411_010106_HDR.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200411_010032_HDR.jpg
    20200411_010032_HDR.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 14
I've got some for you. A day late at TSC and almost all the bantams were gone. I did see a few Cochins. One had the yellow spot on the head so I know it's barred and hopefully a pullet this time! The other looks the same. Same spot, but it's fuzz is way lighter and looks blue. Can there be such a thing as a blue barred Cochin.
The other two are clean leg birds but don't look OEGB, so idk, but they are so cute. One has a black bandits mask and the others eyes are ringed in brown. It has a faint chipmunk striped back in dark grey, black and a tiny bit of silvery fluff outlining the stripe.
Any guesses, educated or otherwise are welcome. These two clean legs are like nothing I have had before.
#1 the Cochin sisters
View attachment 2084221
A better look at the lighter one
View attachment 2084222
#2 our masked bandit. My daughter immediately named it Penguin.
View attachment 2084223
View attachment 2084224
View attachment 2084226
Can't wait to hear what you think! I love mystery babies. Unless they are familiar colors of OEGB, are Cochin, d'Uccle, or sebright, it's all guessing for me.
1- I doubt you’d find a blue barred cochin at tsc (it’s not a standard color) but I’m not sure what else she/he could be
2- could be a black dutch bantam or OEGB
3- looks like a gold sebright
I'm not sure what type of chicks they are we bought 15 from a breeder it's our first ever batch of chicks but I have a attached some picks was also woundering if this little one is male or female
Looks like a serama bantam, but if it was the breeder probably would’ve told you that. I’m thinking they could be serama mixes or maybe OEGB mixes.
White cochin bantam

Ok sorry this is all I have and he (we think he) is only 7 weeks but my friend thinks he is a meat bird and needs to be harvested soon so I am curious what you think. From TSC. Told black Asian. Was mostly black when we got him. He was the smallest of the bunch then as well. Most the flock are right at 1lb he is already at 2. Very lazy, and very sweet. 4 toes no feathers on the legs. I think he is one of mine with black legs and feet. He hates to stand so this is the best picture lol. He has some gold on his crop.

Attachments

• CBB87BB5-FE65-426B-A501-0E9AA3F1F9FE.jpeg
    CBB87BB5-FE65-426B-A501-0E9AA3F1F9FE.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 14
I’m thinking light brown leghorn, but not sure. It was a “mystery chick” from my local farm supply store. She’s about 8-9 weeks old AEA54F9E-92FD-473D-A44C-EF9EE3992591.jpeg 82358BC6-2696-4914-8BB0-1D4A8A9CDCF8.jpeg

Ok sorry this is all I have and he (we think he) is only 7 weeks but my friend thinks he is a meat bird and needs to be harvested soon so I am curious what you think. From TSC. Told black Asian. Was mostly black when we got him. He was the smallest of the bunch then as well. Most the flock are right at 1lb he is already at 2. Very lazy, and very sweet. 4 toes no feathers on the legs. I think he is one of mine with black legs and feet. He hates to stand so this is the best picture lol. He has some gold on his crop.
Not a meat bird, lol. How trustworthy on chickens is this 'friend'? That's an Olive Egger. Black Copper Marans x Crested Cream Legbar. You will get nice olive eggs from that bird, if female, which it looks to be. What did this friend say looked like a meat bird? Better pics would help me know for sure, but I can promise you there isn't much meat on that little thing.

Back
Top Bottom