1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jetblack2004, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Brigabart

Brigabart Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2015
    I have one! Waaay to early to tell at 3 weeks but I'd love to get a guess! I can post more as Beans grows. Bantam, I'm assuming black cochin, since the wing feathers are black (though one has a white feather on the very tip). Bean suddenly got a reddish comb going this week, and has been chest bumping everyone. Guesses? Or just way to early?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh heck, Just for fun I'll put up my other two banties too. This next is Bunny 3 weeks. Hoping for a girl, maybe a buff Brahma bantam? Very very timid, loves her mommy (Gertrude the favorelle).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And now the hardest! A 2 week old porcelain D'uccle. She also in the above photo in the middle. I'm hoping for a she, though "she" is pretty upright. Very solitary. But perhaps because she is so young.
    [​IMG]
    I'd love to see guesses, though I'm guessing the answers, particularly for Polly, are way to young LOL. Can't wait to see what they turn out as!

2. Magicians

Magicians Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2016
    St Petersburg, FL
    Post some pictures...I will give you an educated guess. I need to see heads and tail feathers if you can get or have pictures. I'm glad to try and help. [​IMG]

3. momof2ajof2

momof2ajof2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2016
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How long until i can tell what these chicks are?

4. Brigabart

Jun 27, 2015
    Did you mean me? Did my photos not go through?

5. Magicians

Apr 17, 2016
    St Petersburg, FL
    I would say they are about 3 weeks old. So far to me they look like pullets. (hens)

I just raised 5 BR from incubator hatch at my house. Let me know. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. momof2ajof2

momof2ajof2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2016
    North Carolina

Were you answering my question? I tend to get lost in posts sonetimes lol

1 person likes this.
  7. ftfarmer22

ftfarmer22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    I don't know about him/her, but I can help you sex your Silver Laced Wyandotte!

1 person likes this.
  8. Magicians

Apr 17, 2016
    St Petersburg, FL
    Inwas answering Amhund with the BR pullets.[​IMG]
    Yours are a little too young for me to guess. But your "chest bumper" is likely a cockerel (rooster) my rooster started that very young. Beautiful babies.... Wait and see!t

9. Brigabart

Jun 27, 2015
    By the way, you guys are awesome for doing this - I've had such fun going through all the posts!

10. amhund

amhund Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2016
    Thank you so much! Keeping fingers crossed.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by