1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jetblack2004, Apr 7, 2016.

1. dishpanhanzs

dishpanhanzs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2016
    So Cal, High Desert
    That white spot on the head looks like mine. I hope you have a pullet because that's what I want!

2. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    I try to help too, but I know what you mean with the flood of pics :oops:
    Looks like a little cockerel with that much white.

3. FLminifarm

FLminifarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2016
    Here are some new photos I just took. I hope they are better! The other photos I posted were from a few days ago anyway, everyday I am seeing changes in them. They are growing so fast!
    The top three are supposed to be Rhode Island Red and the bottom three are supposed the be Ameraucana. Thanks! :)
    [​IMG]

4. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Rocky, big red, and peppermint are looking rooish. Time will tell. The top three aren't all RIR.

5. Hi!!! I just discovered this thread tonight and it's amazing! I should have some chicks hatching to morrow or the next day, just wanted to make sure y'all were still up and available. I will try and post pictures of their faces tails and wings that are very clear! Thanks for all that you do love this thread!:hugs

6. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    :frow hi there!
    We won't be able to tell gender till they are around 4-5 weeks depending on the breed :)

7. Okay!!! If I took clear pics could tall help me wing sex?:cd

8. *yall

9. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    it isn't really accurate... Maybe others are more experienced at it and maybe it works for them, but I've never had much accuracy with it.

10. Okay thanks anyways! If I still have them in a few weeks (have to get rid of cocks) I will come to yall!!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by