Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Would anyone be able to sex my almost 2 week old black Orpington? Its a couple weeks younger than the rest of my EO chicks so I don’t have anyone to compare it to. When I was choosing it out of 5 other day-old black orps it had the longest wing feathers . . . i’m really hoping it’s female! I think it’s too young to tell right now unless someone can feather-sex it.

20200505_163731.jpg

This is Phoenix the EE! "She" has thinner and smaller feet and legs than the others.
"Her" comb is small but pink. I'm pretty sure its a pullet, but she is one of my favorites, so I just want to be sure.

20200510_143726.jpg

This is Datson another EE. This guy I am suspicious about. "His" legs and feet are thicker and smaller than the other americanas. The comb is by far the biggest too!

20200514_142458.jpg

This is Dishy, yet another EE. At first we thought "she" was a he because of her size and how she stood. Now though, there is little to no comb development!

20200514_134405.jpg

This is "Lad" the last EE. We are quite sure she is a she.

20200510_141929.jpg

This is Ruby, a blue laced red wyandotte. We are thinking definitely roo. His wattles and comb are already bigger and redder and this photo was only taken a couple days ago!

20200510_144026.jpg

This is Trudy, another BLRW.
We are thinking she. Yellow comb, almost no waddles.

20200514_134459.jpg

Here is Confetti, a Speckled sussex. I am thinking pullet. Pale pink comb, tear shaped body.

15894978649126152562292085095716.jpg

This is Comet, a supposed SS. Comet has yellow legs though, is it possible she is a Welsummer or something? (Or is it normal). Anyway, I think pullet. Yellow comb, barely any waddles.

15894982051802207753565685654075.jpg

This is Spark, another questionable SS. I would say pullet. I am hoping that they are Welsummers, I really wanted some but couldn't find any. Okay, I probably got my hopes too high.

@tizabel_. 2 weeks is a bit too young to tell, especially with Orpingtons as they are a slower maturing breed. I’m not sure how to feather sex but will happily look at some photos in a few weeks time :)

@Alyssa-Bee.
Phoenix - Pullet
Datson - Cockerel
Dishy - Can’t see the body but from head would say pullet
Lad - Pullet
Ruby - Yes I agree would say cockerel
Trudy - From the comb I’d say pullet so far
Confetti- Possibly a pullet but not convinced
Comet and Spark both look like pullets :)
The last ones could be Welsummers but don’t look like SS to me. Very cute chicks!

Thanks Jetblack2004.

Confetti's waddles are quite big! Bigger than all my chicks'. Uh, oh. I'm going to keep hoping pullet though, especially if the other two are not SS! "She" is so sweet though! (Maybe if it is a he we can convince our neighbors... or hide him!) All my chicks seem to be doing the flap chest bump contest thing! Thanks so much for the help!

Back
Top Bottom