Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Trying to figure out the gender on these three silkies. I am pretty sure the black on is a rooster not sure on the white and grey except I am pretty sure the grey on was trying to crow yesterday! Any help would be appreciated.

Actually, Belle is an Andalusian. With Blue varieties, there is always a chance of getting either Black or Splash. Agree that it's a cockerel.

I was going to add he could be a black andalusian, but was waiting for a better picture. Andalusians have white ear lobes, correct?

And Nigel is looking like a pullet. So yes, a name change would be good!

I picked up Ollie this afternoon! Ollie is the nest-sibling of my Ernie, Bert and Taz (whose pics I posted a few days ago).
I think I was picking from a group of 3 pullets so guessing genders was had. But Ollie was the chick I originally selected and Ollie was still my pick. Ollie is 5 weeks, 4 days old.
Ollie has a very pale tiny comb and I think the feathers on the back are rounded (?)
Can anyone help me figure out if Ollie is Oliver or Olivia?
(Sorry for hogging the page with so many pics!)

This is Ollie's back above tail

Thanks all!

Last edited:
[/IMG]this is my olive egger that is 14 weeks old. Daddy ic bc maran and momma is ee. Any help with sexing is greatly appreciated. I've been following your thread for a while and you seem to be very knowledgeable and help a lot of people out. Thanks again!

Probably going to need more pics of the back and neck...

I picked up Ollie this afternoon! Ollie is the nest-sibling of my Ernie, Bert and Taz (whose pics I posted a few days ago).
I think I was picking from a group of 3 pullets so guessing genders was had. But Ollie was the chick I originally selected and Ollie was still my pick. Ollie is 5 weeks, 4 days old.
Ollie has a very pale tiny comb and I think the feathers on the back are rounded (?)
Can anyone help me figure out if Ollie is Oliver or Olivia?
(Sorry for hogging the page with so many pics!)

This is Ollie's back above tail

Thanks all!
Pullet for now, but still a bit too young to say for sure.

Thank you Junebuggena!
That's what I was thinking...hoping too since I seem a bit heavy on "surprise" cockerels this month :)
I am trying to learn from your feedback to everyone on this thread, yet I am a novice at guessing genders.

I think my chicken is an ameracauna. We got two and one has a more pronounced tail than the other, could this one be a rooster? I hope not!

Back
Top Bottom