Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

[/IMG]
14 week old olive egger. Daddy is bc maran. Mama an ee. Her/his comb is totally flat and darkened at about 12 weeks. Any help on sexing or type of comb.
1f633.png
1f413.png
1f414.png

@junebuggena

The angle of the photo is pretty bad for gender ID. And I have no idea how a Marans/Easter Egger cross produced a bird with a crest and a cushion comb. I doubt there is any Marans in that bird at all. Probably a cockerel, but I need better photos to be sure.

Thanks was hoping you could help. Saw this post in the olive egger section and you know I'm no good with those combs..

Thanks was hoping you could help. Saw this post in the olive egger section and you know I'm no good with those combs..
That comb is what is making me think it's parentage is not what is claimed. Cushion comb is a combination of a pea comb (from a typical Easter Egger) and a rose comb. It can not be produced from a Marans cross. And where the heck did that crest come from! Some people really will say anything to sell a chick.

That comb is what is making me think it's parentage is not what is claimed. Cushion comb is a combination of a pea comb (from a typical Easter Egger) and a rose comb. It can not be produced from a Marans cross. And where the heck did that crest come from! Some people really will say anything to sell a chick.

They really will. I was wondering about that crest too but thought maybe it was just the angle..

Back
Top Bottom