Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Stella is a chipmunk Easter Egger. She's had those chipmunk markings since we got her at two days old. I have no idea if she is a mixed breed or not. I figured since I wasn't going to show them, it didn't matter. I just thought she was cute! Sioux is an Iowa Blue, which I gather not many people have or even have heard of. I love the pencil markings she is getting on her back and neck! She's so pretty. Trudy (Gertrude) is an Australorp. She's the only one that I am not sure is a pullet. Junebugga keeps telling me it's too early to tell, so I've been posting every week! She's probably so tired of me.
Thanks so much for sharing this info! My Ollie started out all dark brown. I saw all of the chicks (also including my Ernie, Bert and Taz, pictured a few pages ago). I worked at talking the hen's owner into leting me pick one more, with my eye on Ollie! And she (I think) came home about a week ago!
From dark brown Ollie developed markings and then in a couple of weeks showed the incredible plumage!
From your description of Stella having her colors from the start I doubt they have the same make up genetically. But I'll sure holler if I see an "Easter eggs"!

Auntie Moose, on 2nd look at Stella, she as much more gold in her hackle than Ollie has.
ll

This is Ollie at 6 weeks old, a few days ago. I'll post another pic of Ollie in a week or 10 days.
:)

Auntie Moose, on 2nd look at Stella, she as much more gold in her hackle than Ollie has. ll This is Ollie at 6 weeks old, a few days ago. I'll post another pic of Ollie in a week or 10 days. :)
Yes, Stella does have a lot more gold. Hers came up pretty fast and suddenly. I suspect it's not a very exact science with the chipmunk coloring. She's about a week or ten days older than Ollie. Her hatch date was June 8, I believe. It would be fun to be EE moms together and compare them as we go!

She looks very much like a pullet to me at this point. I'd possibly post some more clear photos of her head/face, but this very much looks like a pullet.
Thanks so much for the response! I am very relieved--I would hate to give her away :(

Here are some pictures of her head/face if it helps make it more clear. Are the pink circles around the eyes something I should be worried about, or is that normal?

Just saw this thread after posting my own. Please let me know what you think.

I got them May 13 and I think they were less than 3 weeks old. So I'd say they are now 11 to 14 weeks old. I've included a pic of them the day I got them.

So far all votes are on our Australorp being a pullet...anyone disagree? I really love this little one, if a girl she is Foraging Florence, if a roo Farewell Freddy. Behaviour wise & in comparison with the other 3 ladies, i believe it is a girl, but dont want to get my hopes up...im already too attached.

She is 7, going on 8wks now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom