Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

This is Blue. We got her from McMurray in a order of Black Stars. Whelp, not sure what happened. We thought Blue was a roo since male sex links are barred, but Blue doesn't show any rooster behaviors. No crowing, no mounting, no tidbitting, she even gets mounted by other roosters on occasion (not often though). I have yet to catch her laying an egg either, and she's just over a year old. So I am rather confused. She is very large; same size as our Orp and GL Wyandotte roos. But like I said, no crowing or anything roo-like. :/

idunno.gif
looks like a hen I have no clue

Are these pullets?
RIR 20+ weeks. The leg horn is a pullet since she is laying.

Sliver laced Wyandotte 18 weeks

Gold laced Wyandotte 18 weeks. Tail feathers just coming back in after being pecked by a bully.

yep they look like they will be laying soon poor girl hope her tail feathers come back soon
fl.gif

Junebuggena and Summer, I apologize. My IB is definitely a roo. You were right. Now, look at the remaining two for me as I pray they are both pullets. They are eight weeks.

Sioux the roo and Stella the EE/

Trudy Australorp

Trudy's little bitty comb.

Trudy's feathers.

Let me know if you need another picture of any part of of either bird.TIA.

Junebuggena and Summer, I apologize. My IB is definitely a roo. You were right. Now, look at the remaining two for me as I pray they are both pullets. They are eight weeks.

Sioux the roo and Stella the EE/

Trudy Australorp

Trudy's little bitty comb.

Trudy's feathers.

Let me know if you need another picture of any part of of either bird.TIA.
The only one that was ever a bit questionable was Sioux. And now that the comb is very clearly growing and getting more red, it's definitely male. The other two are definitely female.

Last edited:
The only one that was ever a bit questionable was Sioux. And now that the comb is very clearly growing and getting more red, it's definitely male. The other two are definitely female.
I was hoping against hope that Sioux was a pullet. A guy on the IB thread here has had many hens and roos and had never seen such a red, developed comb on a female at 8 weeks. So, do I keep him, use a no crow collar, and hope for the best or re-home him and hope that Stella and Trudy are happy as a duo?

I agree. Time to put them in a coop and let them be chickens!
I agree just waiting for money to finish so they'll stay safe in their coop here we have bear mountain lion raccoons skunks foxes bobcats domestic barn cats and lots of dogs in our neighborhood known to kill chickens in an insecure run. Soon they'll be running around in a 8x12 coop and 20x12 run its some work to predator proof

Back
Top Bottom