Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Ok I don't know how this happened I'm pretty sure I have another roo any opinions I need to know soon she or he is a 5 week old bantam mix

Last edited:
Hi I asked on another thread, but then saw your thread and thought I'd see what you thought. We haven't hear any suggestions yet on what our two chickens' sexes are and cannot figure it out ourselves easily..this is our first flock and we have two 10-12 week old Wyandottes besides our 8 month old black link sexton who we absolutely know is a hen - she lays an egg every day since she turned 6 months. Here are pictures of our 2 Wyandotte..we appreciate your help/input!

Chicken #1/Nugget:

Chicken #1/Nugget on right and chicken #2/Willow on left in right picture

Chicken #2/Willow on left pictured with back end of chicken #1/Nugget

Hi everyone! I've got some 8 week old silkies from the hatchery, I know they're a bit young to tell, but you guys were right about my last silkie, I'm hoping I have at least one girl, all of them chest bump!

Hi I asked on another thread, but then saw your thread and thought I'd see what you thought. We haven't hear any suggestions yet on what our two chickens' sexes are and cannot figure it out ourselves easily..this is our first flock and we have two 10-12 week old Wyandottes besides our 8 month old black link sexton who we absolutely know is a hen - she lays an egg every day since she turned 6 months. Here are pictures of our 2 Wyandotte..we appreciate your help/input! Chicken #1/Nugget: Chicken #1/Nugget on right and chicken #2/Willow on left in right picture Chicken #2/Willow on left pictured with back end of chicken #1/Nugget
It looks like Nughet might be a cockerel that's pretty red and it looks like there could be developing saddle feathers

Is the a roo or pullet golden lace Wyandotte
and this is the head
its about 4-5 months old

Last edited:
Thank you. I've been afraid that may be the case and if so, we will be really sad. We cannot have Roos in our neighborhood, and Willow and Nugget are so closely bonded (Willow almost didn't make it and I really believe the bond with Nugget is the reason she is still with us), that we will have to find a home where both of them can go. We will be so sad to loose them both if that is the case as we've become attached having raised them from about one week old, and our 8 month old will miss them too I'm sure. They get along really well, and if they both have to be re-homed, she will be left as our only hen unfortunately. She is very social and will be lonely, so we will have to purchase two 3 month hens and begin the process of trying to integrate them. But we will all be sad to say goodbye to Nugget and Willow, so I hope that we are all wrong and Nugget ends up laying eggs. I guess we will see.

Hi again! I wanted to post a few recent pics of our Blue Marans. Any way it's actually a pullet? It's been a couple of weeks, and our other cockerels are definitely looking the part, but this one isn't. Thanks! :)
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom